COFFE OR GREEN TEA

Options
Which do you prefer and why?

I am an avid coffee drinker but I really feel like I might need to make a sub because of health benefits and whatnot. I am okay with tea but would always prefer a cup of coffee.

What do you choose and why!

Replies

• littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I can do both, depends on how bad I need the caffeine. Green tea has great health benefits, doesnt have as much caffeine as coffee but worth a good try.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    What would you suggest to make it a little more "tolerable"?
  • brit_lah
    brit_lah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink both, but I drink green tea way more than coffee. At most, I'll have one cup of coffee a day, which is better because I don't like to drink it without milk and sugar (or sugar substitute) or a flavored creamer.
  • brit_lah
    Options

For the green tea, you could add a little bit of honey.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Honey sounds good.

Now, this might be stupid but do you add sugar or a sweetner to tea? I'm really looking to switch which is why I have many questions lol
  • brit_lah
    Options
    Honey sounds good.

Now, this might be stupid but do you add sugar or a sweetner to tea? I'm really looking to switch which is why I have many questions lol

Why I don't see why not, people do it with black tea to make iced tea or sweeten it when it's hot too. You could buy some splenda and see how you like it with green tea. Or maybe even make it cold and try it that way, I've never done that before though. I love to drink the green tea just plain now, but I don't think I liked it at first - it was an acquired taste for me. I load it up with honey when I'm sick though or just want a sweet taste.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Coffee, always. Jamaican if at all possible. International Delight creamer in White Chocolate Macadamia is my current favorite creamer. I absolutely hate tea, tastes like boiled lawn clippings.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    aha lawn clippings, tasted them before??

I have always been a coffee drinker but lately it has been making me anxious and more jittery when it never ever used too so I'm looking for an alternative.

I will look into everyone's suggestions, try something new.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like both too!! If i had to choose though id choose coffee..i love coffee lol
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It's tea, some people use milk and sugar, some use honey and lemon, some use fake sugar. I drink tea plain, I don't want to mess around with anything when I'm drinking tea.

Seriously, it's tea, you probably have all of the things I listed above, make a cup of tea, pour it into a few cups try a few different options and drink the one you like best.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    lol well thank you but I have never drank any. Never ordered it at Timmie's or Starbucks or anything. Not even kidding.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Try the tazo green tea (they sell it at starbucks) Iy has something like lemongrass and mint... I can't stand green tea, but I could drink that stuff all day!

I don't drink coffee mostly because of what I want to add to it
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Mmmmmm that could be good. Might give it a try tomorow
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I love both equally. I drink a cup of each every morning.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    aha lawn clippings, tasted them before??

I have always been a coffee drinker but lately it has been making me anxious and more jittery when it never ever used too so I'm looking for an alternative.

I will look into everyone's suggestions, try something new.

That is what also happened to me. I love coffee and still drink two cups every morning, but have switched to green tea ( hot, or room temp, usually plain, but sometimes mixed with lemon grass tea and a bit of sweetener ) and also medium strong black tea over the last few years. I sleep better and have not had an acid stomach since that change.
  • drayco_
    drayco_ Posts: 17
    Options
    Coffee is highly acidic and people typically put loads of really bad stuff in it just to drink it.

As long as you know the source of the green tea and it's legit, green tea has amazing healthy benefits. Just have to be careful because most of it's load with pesticides but so is coffee. So shoot for organic. I do wheat grass shots every morning. I drink green tea and other teas through out the day. If you need to sweeten, I'd use a little organic honey. Nothing artificial. Just my opinion.

Cheers.
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wayyyyyy too hard to choose for me! I usually have coffee for the first half of the day, but as the night creeps up, I switch over to tea. I definitely drink more tea though (I use sugar-free creamer in my coffee, but I still feel rather guilty!) so I try to drink more coffee. Usually green with lemon and stevia. Chamomile, dandelion, assorted berry, earl grey, I love them all!!
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Great thanks everyone.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I drink both coffee and tea. I don't use sweetener or cream in either. There are many teas with extra flavors, both green and black (I tend toward the blacks). Lapsang Suchong and Russian Caravan teas are blacks with the most incredible smokey aroma/flavor. Earl Grey is found in both black and green and is flavored with bergamot - relatively mild flavor. I've found some with apricot and ginger that is very nice. Lemon flavored green tea is very nice and light flavored. Chai and orange spice (I drink both plain) are a bit bolder, but also nice. If you want to try something entirely different, yerba mate is a south american herb with a good hit of caffeine.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Coffee/addicted.

I do enjoy a cup of green or black tea in the afternoon for comfort though. I'm British:)