Replies

• NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing! sounds yummy!
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Okay, I need an honest opinion. Does this just taste like frozen flavored banana mush? I ask because I DESPISE bananas and banana flavored things, and I don't really want to make it if I know I won't like it. But the idea sounds so great and low cal.

I make with one frozen banana, 4 oz of milk., 4 oz of frozen berries and a couple of packets of Splenda. It tastes like a sherbet/ice cream blend and is very good. I don't notice the banana taste but to be safe you could just use 1/2. I always put my over ripe bananas in the freezer so I have them on hand for this desert don't forget to slice them before you freeze them. It really does make you feel like you are not being left out on ice cream night. Enjoy.

Thanks so much! I will try it your way, I think the berries would cover up the banana taste!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Ellienana
    Ellienana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Seems like a fairly legit recipe OP, cheers. Will try subbing FF milk with whole milk and PB for... maybe I'll crack open the almond butter? Cashew butter is fairly plain. Maybe toss in some protein powder for if I'm low for the day.

Also, I find adding a dash (srsly, about a thimbleful) of spirits (ie, vodka) prevents the mix from fully freezing over. Works brilliantly for me, anyway.
    Okay, I need an honest opinion. Does this just taste like frozen flavored banana mush? I ask because I DESPISE bananas and banana flavored things, and I don't really want to make it if I know I won't like it. But the idea sounds so great and low cal.

You don't like bananas? I love bananas, personally.

IMHO, frozen bananas + frozen berries - instant ice cream goodness. Shouldn't even be able to taste the banana. Sub berries for nut butter, protein powder, cocoa power, or whatever. So no, bananas most provide the creamy consistency, making it a popular ice cream sub.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    sounds yuummy
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Also, I find adding a dash (srsly, about a thimbleful) of spirits (ie, vodka) prevents the mix from fully freezing over. Works brilliantly for me, anyway.

Oooh, this is a great idea! Thanks! :drinker: