Turkey Spagetti

ashleyp35
ashleyp35 Posts: 53
edited September 21 in Recipes
Anyone have a good recipe for Turkey Spagetti, along with the nutrutional information, including the serving size?

Replies

• jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    I don't know the details but my wife makes it just the same as she did beef spaghetti. I'm sure the MFP data base has some good estimates though.

Pulled this from a google search

Turkey makes this spaghetti sauce delicious and low fat! Learn how to make turkey meat sauce for your next spaghetti dinner. Your family will love it!
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 35 minutes
    Ingredients:

* 1 lb ground turkey
    * 1 large (28 oz.) can diced or cut tomatoes
    * 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
    * 1 large onion, chopped
    * 2 tsp garlic, minced
    * 1 tsp oregano
    * 1 tsp Itallian seasoning blend
    * pepper to taste
    * nonstick cooking spray

Preparation:

1. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over high heat.
    2. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Drain fat.
    3. Stir in canned tomatoes, and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 15 minutes. Remove cover and simmer another 15 minutes.
    Tip: For creamier sauce, put sauce in a food processor or blender before serving.
    4. Cook pasta according to package directions, and serve turkey meat sauce over cooked spaghetti.

Serves 6
    Serving size: 5 oz turkey meat sauce and 9 oz cooked pasta

Each serving provides:

Calories: 330
    Total fat: 5 g
    Saturated fat: 1 g
    Cholesterol: 60 mg
    Sodium: 280 mg

Source: Stay Young at Heart, the NHLBI, and the NIH

The Turkey Spaghetti recipe has an average rating of 5.0, based on 1 reviews.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    I don't know the details but my wife makes it just the same as she did beef spaghetti. I'm sure the MFP data base has some good estimates though.

Pulled this from a google search

Turkey makes this spaghetti sauce delicious and low fat! Learn how to make turkey meat sauce for your next spaghetti dinner. Your family will love it!
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 35 minutes
    Ingredients:

* 1 lb ground turkey
    * 1 large (28 oz.) can diced or cut tomatoes
    * 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
    * 1 large onion, chopped
    * 2 tsp garlic, minced
    * 1 tsp oregano
    * 1 tsp Itallian seasoning blend
    * pepper to taste
    * nonstick cooking spray

Preparation:

1. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over high heat.
    2. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Drain fat.
    3. Stir in canned tomatoes, and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 15 minutes. Remove cover and simmer another 15 minutes.
    Tip: For creamier sauce, put sauce in a food processor or blender before serving.
    4. Cook pasta according to package directions, and serve turkey meat sauce over cooked spaghetti.

Serves 6
    Serving size: 5 oz turkey meat sauce and 9 oz cooked pasta

Each serving provides:

Calories: 330
    Total fat: 5 g
    Saturated fat: 1 g
    Cholesterol: 60 mg
    Sodium: 280 mg

Source: Stay Young at Heart, the NHLBI, and the NIH

The Turkey Spaghetti recipe has an average rating of 5.0, based on 1 reviews.

I actually have been making my own "spaghetti" sauce for about the last two years and use turkey for my meat. One word of warning. Make sure that you get the real lean (98%) not the 85%, or you will have a lot more calories. You can also add mushrooms, which have very little calories, and use whole wheat pasta, which will give you higher fiber.
This discussion has been closed.