Recovering from an ED, and looking for friends! (:

gnov24
gnov24 Posts: 1 Member
Hey guys! My baby step for a month (starting April 15) is to run six days a week. So far I've been on track, and if I manage to achieve my goal, I'll reward myself with better running shoes! (I'm currently wearing my old school shoes on runs)

This is what I've been using, in addition to MFP and endomondo:

http://i.imgur.com/7UgdoAZ.jpg

Things are looking great, but I can't stop obsessively weighing myself (sometimes up to 4 or 5 times a day) even when I know that my weight couldn't have changed much.

The green stickers are missing because I haven't been able to keep myself away from those sinful carbohydrates x: but that will be a baby step for another month. One baby step at a time!

Anyone with similar goals, interests? Or just anyone friendly? :D

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    I'm trying to get fitter so can be fit and ready for a 5 1/2 karate black belt grading class

anyone can add me
  • I also weigh myself this much a day!
    Since July 2012, I've lost a total of 35.5 kgs (7 kgs with MFP) and i'm trying to lose my last 6.5 kgs

Good luck in achieving your goals :)
  • I've struggled with my weight for a while now. I'm not fat or overweight, but I need to lose 5kg. I weigh 62kg and I'm 180cm tall, I've weighed 57kg at this height before and it was great, I'm going to get back to that within the next 2 months.
    Starting yesterday I'm no longer eating any "bad" foods for 6 months (but I'll probably never stop this now I've started).
    I do a fair bit of physical activity, but not as much as I used to. I swim for an hour once a week and have x country training twice a week for 1.5 hours. The frequency of x country will increase as we get closer to inters. I also ride my bike to and from the physio once or twice a week which is about a 40 minute round trip, at the physio I do strength exercises for about 50 minutes.

I can't go past a mirror without looking at my stomach or legs, and whenever mum isn't home I weigh myself at least 2 or 3 times during that period (the scales are noisy). I actually don't have an appetite though and I'm struggling to make the normal daily calorie count, after a couple of mouthfuls of food I feel full and my stomach hurts. I've been to a doctor about the pain, I've had blood tests and everything came back negative.

I'm scared this is going to become too much of an obsession, I'm in control at the moment but I don't know for how much longer.