Giving up bread - Help!!

Options
I am desperately trying to give up bread due to various health, bloating and diet reasons.

Has anyone else given up bread? Any suggestions for alternatives? Vegan alternatives please :happy:

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free, so for along time i didn't eat any bread due to the the fact g/f break sucked :wink:

so if i bake i use ground almonds, rice flour etc

for breakfast apple yoghurt and toast ground almonds and coconut is good or eggs

f you need more help add me i'll try and help more

i hope that keep

anyone can add me
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Try rice cakes, corn tortillas/tostadas/taco shells, besan cheela for wheat bread substitutes, Lettuce leaves can also be used to make "sandwiches" and "wraps". There are also GF products made (and mixes and recipes for home made) that are "almost" like wheat bread in form and texture, but I find they get "stale quicker than wheat bread and, as a whole, are more prone to be crumbly.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I gave up bread and have cut way back on on other starchy foods. Wasn't a problem to do so. Why do you need a bread alternative?
  • tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ya know I didn't realize it but I pretty much have given up bread. I basically eat rice/pasta/vegetables for my carbs and that seems to fill me up pretty good. However I do eat a lot of protein.
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i'm not eating bread, pasta and most of other grain products for almost three years now. i feel great and it's so much easier to maintain healthy weight.
    Bread is like addiction. if you can do week or two completely without it, you won't crave it so much any more.