BBQ pull pork with cous cous

Options
danbil
danbil Posts: 5
I'm in England and presume a 'crock pot' is the same as a slow cooker. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Simple BBQ pulled pork with cous cous in roasted pepper.

Pork shoulder
Vegetable stock
Cous cous packet
Red pepper
BBQ sauce

Rub salt and pepper into the meat and add garlic if you wish. Put the meat, uncooked, into the slow cooker and pour in about 400ml of vegetable stock. Cook on low for at least 8 hours. Carefully lift the pork from the slow cooker as the meat will just fall off and lay on a plate or chopping board. Remove the fat and with 2 forks pull the meat apart easily. In a bowl mix your personal choice of BBQ sauce with a little water to thin. Add a serving of the pork to BBQ sauce and cover all the meat and leave to marinade (the longer the better). After maranading transfer the the meat to a baking tray in a medium oven until heated through while roasting a whole pepper which has been gutted. To finish cook the cous cous as instructed on the packet.

I had plenty left over and used some the next for a roast dinner and saved the vegetable stock and meat juices to make the gravy.

fff48c16688907020e616d34400f9c55_zps7df52889.jpg

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    oh jesus, that looks amazing :O
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    A crock pot is the same as a slow cooker. People here refer to all slow cookers as crock pots. Crock pot is actually a branded thing. :)

I am totally going to try this. It looks sooooo good!