Nutritional Goals

Options
Newbie here!!

Do you follow the nutritional goals as well as the caloric?

It's bothering me and I want your opinions on it.

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I try and eat cleanish, however do go over the sugar etc sometimes, however I do stick to the cals

if I don't have the cals, I exercise and get them before I have what I want

anyone can add me
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Micro and macronutrients are just as important as calories for your long term health.

If fat loss is the goal:
    11-13 cal/lb for fat loss works as a simple and effective starting point - a calorie calculator is also helpful of course.
    1g protein/lb of lean body mass
    0.4g fat/lb of bodyweight
    Remainder with carbs

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-to-estimate-maintenance-caloric-intake.html
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I actually created my own goals. If I were to go off MFPs goal for me is be eating 1200 and that isn't going to happen! I eat 1400-1600 with one day up to a maximum of 1800. The protein goals on here are too low, and carbs too high. Good macros for you to start with are 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat.

I actually dropped the carbs to 30% and do 35/35% on fat and protein. Try the above macros first, if it doesn't have you losing weight as much as you'd like drop the carbs a little.

Home, goals, change goals, manual.

These goals keep me full, satisfied and make this doable long term, as well as being great for weight loss.

Hope that helps!

Zara x
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've got great ideas for meals and ingredients by looking at friends food diaries. I found myself leaning a bit to heavily on the carbs, not intentionally, but thats how it was with what I had in my kitchen cupboards. Looking through friends open food diaries helped me to choose other ingredients that were high in protein to even the load.
  • noura80
    noura80 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks all of you. You've been a big help to me.