Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gym-less?

I am not at ALL creative when it comes to workouts. I need to have it explained, see an exa,plea etc. I can't just come up with workouts on my own. But I can't afford a gym, nor would I leave my boys in a gym daycare. I have tile all through my house, so it can really be uncomfortable to lay down to work out. We have a ranch house, so no stairs, but I do have a stool of my son's that I use.Any suggestions for awesome stuff I can do at home would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Youtube is your friend.
    Befitin90
    Blogalaties
    Tiffany Rothe
    Popsugartvfit
    JessicasmithTV
    Fitnessblender
    steadyhealth

just to name a small few. who ever needed a gym? I didnt join one till about 2 months ago, I lost it all without one.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    How about just getting out for a walk or going to the park with your kids to run around and play?

You may want to purchase a yoga or thicker exercise mat to use indoors if you're following programs that require you to be on the floor, they really do help even though they don't seem like much padding.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    I have the hardest wood floor in the history of the universe (or thereabouts) and I get by with only a Yoga mat, so don't let the composition of your floor dissuade you.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Youtube is your friend.
    Befitin90
    Blogalaties
    Tiffany Rothe
    Popsugartvfit
    JessicasmithTV
    Fitnessblender
    steadyhealth

just to name a small few. who ever needed a gym? I didnt join one till about 2 months ago, I lost it all without one.

I second this. Youtube is a great resource. I've used Blogalaties (POP Pilates, search for her beginner's workout) with great results.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    A yoga mat for lying down, lot sof dvd,s that's what I do. you can get a lot at walmart, target, even some supermarkets.
    Like the other person suggested, you tube, I have used blogilates and tone It up videos a lot. If you have amazon or Netflix, they have some videos,.
    wlaking outside, running. hiking, Bicycling if you have one. I have 2 little ones so I understand having to work around them.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    I would suggest the body weight work-out from Nerd Fitness.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

It's quick, simple and designed for you to do at home without any equipment.
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    The majority of my weight was lost by counting calories and walking.
    No gym needed.

Get you a workout DVD and a Mat
    There are lots of resources out there. YouTube has tons of workout routines to follow
    Also lots of great fitness websites out there.

*edited to add* I agree with the person's post above mine about nerdfitness.com
  • averytds
    averytds Posts: 64 Member
    I would suggest the body weight work-out from Nerd Fitness.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

It's quick, simple and designed for you to do at home without any equipment.

^^This
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    <
    Gymless. :bigsmile: Nike Training Club & dumbbells. Workouts from 15-45 minutes, mix & match, do whatever you have time for. Good stuff.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/apps/nike-training-club
  • Thank you so much everyone!! I am definitely going to invest in a yoga mat and glue myself to youtube. Hey, maybe once I'm not so chunky it won't be so bad on the hard floor! ;)

I do try to get out and walk with my boys, but my older son has epilepsy and one of his triggers is over-heating. Being that we live in New Orleans and enjoy 2 seasons (rainy and hot/humid), I usually walk with the baby on nice days when he is in school. This summer will be a struggle, but I'm determined to get SOMETHING accomplished. My mother (insert danger tones here) comes to visit for a week at the end of June, and I would like to be in better shape to lessen the obvious comments I will get. lol

Thanks again!! :)