Abs Diet

Options
I just started following the Abs diet yesterday, though I wouldn't really call it a "diet". Anyone else doing it, have done it, etc?

Replies

• eremmick0614
    eremmick0614 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I follow the general rules of this "diet". It is excellent! It is basically clean eating principals and the cook book is fantastic! A word of caution...keep fruit consumption low. I know the diet tells you you can eat as many and as often as you want, but there are very high amounts of sugar and carbs in fruit. Keep it to the mornings. If you workout in the afternoons, it is effective to have a banana or an apple right before your workout to give yourself an extra boost to get through the workout. Hope this helps!
  • ekdennis
    ekdennis Posts: 62
    Options
    Yes, it does help. Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm on Day 4 and I have really enjoyed it thus far.
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started reading the abs diet for women and so far, I find myself to be enjoying it. How are you doing so far with it?
  • jla891
    jla891 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I never knew until this morning that I threw myself on this type of diet. High five... it works. you just need to want to change!.I was sitting in the doctors room, looking at the info posters.. and I saw that I fit into what was called the ABS DIET... high five to me.
  • jla891
    jla891 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    32 pounds gone in 9-10 months
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    "The Abs Diet is a six-week plan. You eat six times a day. No calorie-counting; portion-control is built into the program. Dieters alternate larger meals with small snacks; typically you’ll have a snack two hours before lunch, another one two hours before dinner, and one more two hours after dinner. Each meal must contain at least two of the 12 Abs Diet Powerfoods, such as almonds, beans, spinach, instant oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, raspberries, olive oil, and whole grains. Ample meal plans and recipes are provided, all emphasizing protein, fiber, calcium, and healthy fats. Refined carbs, saturated and trans fats, and high-fructose corn syrup are discouraged. You get a “cheat meal” once a week, when you can forget the diet and chow down on whatever you’re craving. Exercise is as important as nutrition. A weekly schedule and visual explanations are included in Zinczenko’s The New! Abs Diet"

Lol, why make things more complicated then they must be. Eat however many times you want a day, eat the foods you want and create a caloric deficit. Profit
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    "The Abs Diet is a six-week plan. You eat six times a day. No calorie-counting; portion-control is built into the program. Dieters alternate larger meals with small snacks; typically you’ll have a snack two hours before lunch, another one two hours before dinner, and one more two hours after dinner. Each meal must contain at least two of the 12 Abs Diet Powerfoods, such as almonds, beans, spinach, instant oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, raspberries, olive oil, and whole grains. Ample meal plans and recipes are provided, all emphasizing protein, fiber, calcium, and healthy fats. Refined carbs, saturated and trans fats, and high-fructose corn syrup are discouraged. You get a “cheat meal” once a week, when you can forget the diet and chow down on whatever you’re craving. Exercise is as important as nutrition. A weekly schedule and visual explanations are included in Zinczenko’s The New! Abs Diet"

Lol, why make things more complicated then they must be. Eat however many times you want a day, eat the foods you want and create a caloric deficit. Profit

^Meh. I don't think he knows anything about abs.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

^Meh. I don't think he knows anything about abs.

REALLY?? Cuz I'm thinking his abs should be LICKED!!! :bigsmile: