New to MFP...Seeking Friends

Options
Hi everyone, I'm so thankful for the internet, my computer, and MyFitnessPal. I'm excited to join this community where likeminded individuals share similar goals in making smart decisions to be healthy and fit inside and out. My goal is to lose 20 lbs in 8 weeks- and maintain the weight longterm. I understand it's a daunting task but I'm up for the challenge. Since moving from Florida, my lifestyle change, I no longer am active as I used to be. I want to change the sedentary lifestyle I have created for myself since moving to the N.E. where the Winter and Spring are uncomfortably cold (let's just say I have become an indoor cat). Summer is coming and I don't want to feel embarrassed or shame. I want to look good but most importantly feel good. I am willing to work hard and do anything I can to achieve my goals and make it happen. I want to encourage all you to keep making strides in your health and fitness goals. I am looking for a supportive friends to help me throughout my journey. I'm looking forward to meeting and sharing with all of you.

Replies

• charynp
    charynp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    im new to here also, just started yesterday. im trying to get back into shape for the summer. this site kept my eating honest yesterday cuz i didnt want to add junkfood as a snack so i didnt eat any. i am also looking for friends and groups to join and help my progress
  • kjones1709
    kjones1709 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I've been on here for about two months straight and it's very effective for me. If you need some motivation, I can help! = )