need a swift kick in the . . .

Options
*kitten*. Didn't want to cuss in the title! :)

But that is exactly what I need. Had a friend come over today and in broad daylight we ate chocolate croissant, pain au chocolat (basically choc croissants in a different shape), fries with sour cream and sweet chili sauce, a large pizza, and a chocolate bavarian cake. In TWO HOURS. For no good reason! It's not even a weekend! I just quit my job and was bored so she came over and we binged together! I'm now going to bed having gone 1,168 cals over my limit for the day!

I need you guys to get me back in gear- I can't let this drag me down come tomorrow. :sick:

Replies

• barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    *kitten*. Didn't want to cuss in the title! :)

But that is exactly what I need. Had a friend come over today and in broad daylight we ate chocolate croissant, pain au chocolat (basically choc croissants in a different shape), fries with sour cream and sweet chili sauce, a large pizza, and a chocolate bavarian cake. In TWO HOURS. For no good reason! It's not even a weekend! I just quit my job and was bored so she came over and we binged together! I'm now going to bed having gone 1,168 cals over my limit for the day!

I need you guys to get me back in gear- I can't let this drag me down come tomorrow. :sick:
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Erin...

You look absolutely AMAZING in your pics, and having lost 19 Ilbs already you maybe deserved a binge day. Get up tomorrow, don't feel guilt about it and carry on healthily. Today's food sin won't make a dent in your week as long as it was just today :laugh:

Don't worry about it all work and no play as they say, although I think having the bavarian cake was maybe a step too far lol!!!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    *KICK!*

I increasingly have days like this.
    Usually when i am way over on a day, I will remember it in the morning and keep telling myself, "remember what you did yesterday? Remember how you felt... yeah... don't do it again"
    We all slip up sometimes... we're not perfect. But hey! since you don't have to work... you can take an extra long walk today. =):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • amandacain1997
    amandacain1997 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Everyone has days where they feel a little guilty...I felt the same way on Easter. I ate WAY TOO MUCH!! Not to mention the fact that I think I ended up eating like 4 deserts that day! As angry as I was at myself that day and the next, I quickly kicked myself back into gear the following week, and it didn't make any difference on the scale...I still lost 1.5 lbs that week!

We all need to have a day like that every now and then just to maintain our sanity! Just don't do it too often! Lol~:laugh:

You'll be fine....just hit the gym a little harder for a couple of days and you'll work off the difference!:flowerforyou:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, and the kicking. Sometimes I think the tough love is best, so keep it coming! :) I will try to get some extra exercise in tomorrow. Have bball training, so maybe I'll miss some shots on purpose and have to run the suicides we get assigned as punishment! That'll teach me! :laugh:
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic, so I sympathize with you.

However, when I go on a binge like that, I tell myself that I have to set aside time during the day to work it off.

Like this morning for instance, I ate 5 of those Dove sugar-free dark chocolates. Because of that, I am running with my dogs this afternoon instead of just walking.

It helps me to plan my meals using the calorie counter before I actually eat them. It helps me see what needs to be done (and better yet, what cannot be done) throughout the day.

I can't have any more chocolate today. I've already blown that. :sad: