What's Stopping You?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    NIKKI...you have the right attitude, with that, you WILL succeed!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    No, he's a golden chestnut with a flaxen mane, Egyptian Arabian by breed.Thanks, I think he's beautiful too.

Wow..he's stunning!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Why do you think it's so hard for you to just use the many tools available out there and commit to change? What do you think is stopping you?

If it was so easy and just a case of 'doing it' there would be no fat people!

Do you think it was easy for me to lose 70lbs back in 1987, when we didn't have these tools and knowledge available? I wanted it BAD ENOUGH that NOTHING was stopping me!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm stopping me! I really am my own worst enemy! I have all the excuses, lack of motivation, eat the wrong things, feel sorry for myself, over eat, binge, don't exercise... at all - but that's ok!

Why is that ok? Because now I know I do all of these things about myself and I can plan around them - so I have one bad day, doesn't have to be two bad days... or a bad week. I'm honest with myself and I hold myself accountable and now I'm moving forward for the first time ever!

Doesn't matter how many tools I had at hand before, until I got my head in the right place I was never gonna be successful.

^^^ she hit the nail right on the head! This post was to help people who are struggling to reflect on what they think is stopping them and move forward from there!
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Stress and Depression :/ but despite all the crap, I'm still trying to plan out meals and change the things I eat..
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I had three years that I couldn't do anything for myself. I couldn't take time to prepare the right meals, I didn't have time to exercise. It was purely survival mode. I have been judged for making excuses because obviously I wasn't making exercise a priority. At that time in my life, all I could do was survive but thankfully I'm past that point in my life and there are no excuses. I need to be healthier, I know I'll be happier, so here I am. Owning my life, making it into exactly what I want.

*survival mode happened when I had twins, 19 months after my VERY high needs boy, plus my two older girls with extreme learning disabilities. I have three years that were nothing but feeding kids, nursing babies, changing dipes and doing laundry, while falling asleep exhausted because I never got any sleep at night.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm stopping me! I really am my own worst enemy! I have all the excuses, lack of motivation, eat the wrong things, feel sorry for myself, over eat, binge, don't exercise... at all - but that's ok!

Why is that ok? Because now I know I do all of these things about myself and I can plan around them - so I have one bad day, doesn't have to be two bad days... or a bad week. I'm honest with myself and I hold myself accountable and now I'm moving forward for the first time ever!

Doesn't matter how many tools I had at hand before, until I got my head in the right place I was never gonna be successful.

as I cry reading this! you hit the spot :sad:
  • Cocozest
    Cocozest Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I guess it was acknowledging the real problem. The problem wasn't that i was overweight, but it was that I was living unhealthy. My philosophy needed to change. I ate everything on my plate because "it was worth my buck" and 'snacked a lot' to fill boredom. I knew that it was unhealthy, but was not able to stop.

: ) I'm changing my eating habits and adapting to my needs. My goal is to optimize my health, so far doing good!