FitBit and gym.

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
Just returned back to going to the gym but in the meanwhile I've become a fitbit user.

I normally wear a HRM while training which I did today and took the fit bit off . I was wondering if others also wore their fitbit at the same time - that way steps and stairs would be counted but have an more accurate calorie reading from the HRM.

Replies

• MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I tend to keep the Fitbit on, because as you say it's nice to keep track of the steps and stairs on there, and posting the exercise to MFP will cancel out any calorie burn the Fitbit calculates for that time period.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I just do the fitbit, but I just want the motivation for total number of steps taken per day. I am really most concerned with moving more and don't really keep track of my exercise calories. I just began eating back some of my exercise calories a few weeks ago. My first weigh in since I began eating back calories is tomorrow.
    The calorie count is really not accurate for the burn with the fitbit, so you probably want to keep using the HRM for that.
    My daughter and I just had a conversation about this on our walk this morning.