where do you find will power?

Options
2»

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    My goals keep me focused. The way I feel after I work out motivates me to run and go to the gym. I am motivated by results....

Although, the last 2 weeks I have had no interest in logging my food. I need to get back on track and start eating better again.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Look under the couch cushion. I just found the remote, car keys and 47 cents.

Found a half eaten hershey bar too -- so much for the willpower.
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I used to have no will power and that was because at the time I did not care how fat I was because my bad food choices were more important to me at that time in my life. A person has to WANT TO CHANGE and if he/she is is not willing to change then there is no will power.

I had to come to a point in my life where being healthy is more important to me than eating a big mac and fries but it took a LONG time for me to come to that realization. I guess the important thing is I did finally come to that realization and now I am doing something about my weight!!

Now 73 lbs. lost later I would NEVER want to go back to what I used to be. I have a picture of me at my heaviest (420 lbs.) and I look at that picture several times a day and I NEVER miss looking at it because that is my reminder to keep going forward instead of going backwards.

My motivations are:
    * I am looking so much better than I used too ....not just weight wise but also other things like my skin , it's clear , bright and overall looks so much better.

* I FEEL so GOOD and everyday it gets better.

* I can move much better than before and that is improving everyday too.

* I am down two dress sizes and that feels AWESOME :)

And the list goes on ........the positives definitely outweigh the negatives!! Do I get discouraged when I think "Oh man I STILL have 180 lbs. to lose"? Yes I do but all I have to do is look at that picture of myself weighing 420 lbs. and say to myself " Do you want to go back to that miserable person?" HELL NO :)

I went from a 420 lb. diabetic who had MANY health problems ....reflux, breathing issues, hurting joints ect. to a different woman and even though my journey is far from over I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :) I have come a long way and I plan on going ALL THE WAY ....THERE IS NO STOPPING ME NOW :)
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I used to have no will power and that was because at the time I did not care how fat I was because my bad food choices were more important to me at that time in my life. A person has to WANT TO CHANGE and if he/she is is not willing to change then there is no will power.

I had to come to a point in my life where being healthy is more important to me than eating a big mac and fries but it took a LONG time for me to come to that realization. I guess the important thing is I did finally come to that realization and now I am doing something about my weight!!

Now 73 lbs. lost later I would NEVER want to go back to what I used to be. I have a picture of me at my heaviest (420 lbs.) and I look at that picture several times a day and I NEVER miss looking at it because that is my reminder to keep going forward instead of going backwards.

My motivations are:
    * I am looking so much better than I used too ....not just weight wise but also other things like my skin , it's clear , bright and overall looks so much better.

And the list goes on ........the positives definitely outweigh the negatives!! Do I get discouraged when I think "Oh man I STILL have 180 lbs. to lose"? Yes I do but all I have to do is look at that picture of myself weighing 420 lbs. and say to myself " Do you want to go back to that miserable person?" HELL NO :)

I went from a 420 lb. diabetic who had MANY health problems ....reflux, breathing issues, hurting joints ect. to a different woman and even though my journey is far from over I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :) I have come a long way and I plan on going ALL THE WAY ....THERE IS NO STOPPING ME NOW :)

Almost 95% the exact same reason for me!! Couldn't have written it better myself ..
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I started a group with my friends to lose weight. We rely on each other to reach our goals that we set our for ourselves because when we ALL meet our goal weights, we're going on a cruise. So where I sometimes can't motivate myself for myself, I hate letting people down, so I am motivated to help my friends. Though as I'm succeeding slowly but surely, the motivation is a bit easier because I can see the results and feel the difference! :)
  • mklawle
    mklawle Posts: 8
    Options
    Like most of us I have a deeeeeeep seeded love for chocolate and yummy foods! But to keep myself from buying snacks at work.. i keep absolutly no cash or change with me or in my car. This way It stops me from scrounging around so i can sabotage myself! Also, I dont keep any of that stuff in my house.. and even if my mom does buy it.. it stays in the fright downstairs.. out of sight out of mind!!!!
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13. I depend on God for my strength and will power

"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13.

These are the verses I rely on to get me through the temptations and give me the strength and will power I need.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13. I depend on God for my strength and will power

"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13.

These are the verses I rely on to get me through the temptations and give me the strength and will power I need.

Ditto for me!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

My motivations are:

Almost 95% the exact same reason for me!! Couldn't have written it better myself ..

Thanks girl! I thought maybe I put to much thought into this one LOL.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    SCOPE. lol.
    i'm only kind of kidding. but i have honestly found that if you brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash after every meal/snack it's a lot easier to walk away from the table or vending machine. Plus, as an added bonus, you'll have a happy dentist!
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My goals keep me focused. The way I feel after I work out motivates me to run and go to the gym. I am motivated by results....

Although, the last 2 weeks I have had no interest in logging my food. I need to get back on track and start eating better again.

you're exactly right about the results. you pinned it dead on. I am probably 90% motivated by results and the other 10% is how great I feel in general.