What do you like about your gym?

Options

Replies

• Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The sales manager there looks identical to my chubby chasing, roid raged, jerk of an ex boyfriend.

So I get SUPER MAD and super fueled before every workout :) Also, seeing him walk through the gym helps me push out a couple extra reps when I feel like I'm about to failure.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    At first I was there just because it's the cheapest gym I could find and we're on a tight budget, but I've come to like that it's women only.
  • MeganGable
    MeganGable Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    the smell
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ladies area and none of those skinny girls that walk on the treadmill and talk/text
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    lots of room, lots of different and NEW machines, weights etc. no cell phone outside dressing room rule :P
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Its a chain and I travel alot so its nice to be able to go to other gyms when Im away or that I can suspend the payments so I dont hve to pay when Im not there. Always something to do so I dont get bored. Lap pools for adults only, climbing gym, tons of classes, turf field inside and ouside, lots of room in the weights section, access to the class rooms when they are not in use to do whatever.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I love that they have equipment that works with my HRM. I also love that there are times of day when I'm the only person there.
  • kalidebruin
    Options
    It has an indoor track so I can run without having to worry about the weather or about falling off of a treadmill.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It is a serious gym with pretty much everything someone could need for lifting. It doesn't have a separate dead lift area (the area that they want you to use is at the squat racks), but there's plenty of space and plenty of barbells and weights.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Its right across the street from where I live and it has a large free weight area and several squat racks.
  • n3ver3nder
    n3ver3nder Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Allows chalk, has 2 power cages, deadlift platform. No bull**** approach, no stupid machines like arm cycles. It's affordable, clean, friendly. There's no chance of me running out of weight like at my old gym. A lot of cable machines for assistance, the dumbbells go up to about 70kg. There's a dedicated deadlift platform, I don't get **** for olympic lifts.

An additional bonus is it's a bodybuilding gym, it attracts a lot of idiots lifting with ridiculous form, keeping me entertained while I rest between sets, in the equipment that 80% of them don't use.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Totally state of the art with every device imaginable, 1/8 mile indoor track, 1 mile outdoor path(s) in the woods, two indoor pools, 1 outdoor pool, full basketball court, sauna, therapy pools, free licensed trainers, and here comes the amazing part: only 25.00 USD per year and it is designed for the 50+ crowd...so ya gotta hit that age to be able to join. Only 15 minutes from our home. People there are so friendly, helpful and I have never seen such in shape and beautiful people my age and older (I'm 54).

Not bad for us Boomers!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My gym is the Y and I love the classes(variety and at all times of the day) as well as the friendly staff.
  • pogiest
    pogiest Posts: 8
    Options
    IT'S FREE!!!!! :bigsmile:

I'm retired Navy, so I'm able to go to my local base gym for free.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Its inexpensive and my childcare and sons swimming lessons are included in my monthly fee.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I mostly go the neighborhood YMCA. They have a great saltwater pool, a small but well equipped gym, and lots of classes if you're into group activities. There are people of all ages and sizes. Everyone is friendly.
    Totally state of the art with every device imaginable, 1/8 mile indoor track, 1 mile outdoor path(s) in the woods, two indoor pools, 1 outdoor pool, full basketball court, sauna, therapy pools, free licensed trainers, and here comes the amazing part: only 25.00 USD per year and it is designed for the 50+ crowd...so ya gotta hit that age to be able to join. Only 15 minutes from our home. People there are so friendly, helpful and I have never seen such in shape and beautiful people my age and older (I'm 54).

Not bad for us Boomers!

Wow! Lucky you. That price is so reasonable. Am jealous.:tongue: :

IT'S FREE!!!!! :bigsmile:

I'm retired Navy, so I'm able to go to my local base gym for free.

I have access to a fitness place on base and it's one of the best I've been to. Plus, it's free!
  • LollerskateDJ
    LollerskateDJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The friendliness of the owners, the amount of machines and how cheap it is as well. Fitness 19 is amazing.
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness..I like that its super cheap..$10/month. And I like that its big so nobody bothers me trying to chat and make friends like at smaller gyms. I just want to get in...do what I have to do and get out. Not talk about whatever crap going on. I also love the row of tvs and how I can plug my headphones into any cardio machine to listen.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    It's close to my house; 5-7 minute bike ride close. It's also clean and really bright. I'm a member of LA Fitness.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I like the fact that my gym is no longer Planet Fitness. Signed up for it because of how cheap and close it was. The only good thing about it was the cardio machines. So I switched back to my local rec, best choice i've made gym-wise. It has a free weight room, a machine weight room, 2 basketball courts, a pool, sauna, boxing, a track. If you go early, the only people there are mostly only old people and they never get in your way...on top of all that it only cost me $50 for a year, with no BS gimmicks like planet fitness or any other corporate gym chains.