MOST DIFFICULT PROBLEM !! Help Help Help :(

Options
Hi there guys..

Let me tell you what's going on here. If you happen to know anything about me, then you know that I lost a total of 34.5 Kgs (7 kgs with MFP) and I have only 6.5 Kgs left for my target weight.

I've been struggling with those last 7-8 Kgs really ! I'm not losing weight like before.

and now I'm gaining muscle weight which is good, but I really need to hit my target weight first.

so one of my MFP friends told me that I'm eating less calories and I am probably starving myself.

yes I do eat, like, 400-600 cals and I'm supposed to eat 1200 (1200 are not very little because I'm an MA researcher and most of the time I'm sitting working on my thesis) . I also exercise. I do a lot of high impact aerobics daily.

my MFP friend said that I should maintain this 1200 intake, and I will start losing weight.

I've increased my food intake for today to 1167, but It worries me to feel FULL! you know?

people with experience please help :sad:

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I think you should see your GP.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    if you,re only eating 500 calories a day, you are not gaining muscle, You would be shedding it trying to survive,

Go see a Dr. therapist, priest anyone for help. You do not have a healthy relationship with food. Please get help.
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    LittleMissDov : I'm sorry what's a GP?
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Agree with above statement. It's time to talk to a doctor. You're not eating enough. You should be at 1200 minimum and likely more with how much you're training. Start with baby steps, you don't have to jump back up to full calories right away, but you will need to get there and may gain a bit of weight back while your metabolism gets back to normal. Your doc or a dietitian should help support you in this process.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Options
    LittleMissDov : I'm sorry what's a GP?

GP is general practitioner. She means you need to talk to your doctor.
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    if you,re only eating 500 calories a day, you are not gaining muscle, You would be shedding it trying to survive,

Go see a Dr. therapist, priest anyone for help. You do not have a healthy relationship with food. Please get help.

OMG!
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    Agree with above statement. It's time to talk to a doctor. You're not eating enough. You should be at 1200 minimum and likely more with how much you're training. Start with baby steps, you don't have to jump back up to full calories right away, but you will need to get there and may gain a bit of weight back while your metabolism gets back to normal. Your doc or a dietitian should help support you in this process.

alright, so I'll try to gradually start eating 1200 cals at minimum

I never thought it's bad.
  • Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    You're MFP friend is probably going in the right sort of direction here. As a general (very general) rule of thumb anything less than 900cal/day for a person immobilized is STARVING. So yo can see how if your very active your calorie intake should be higher. Weight can also drop more slowly the lower you get. It may be worth consulting with a physician or adequately trained health and fitness professional (i.e. they have at least a B.Sc. that included physiology) about how realistic your expectations are, especially as you get close to what you have deemed as a goal weight.

Anyway, less than 900cal/day is a problem, regardless of activity level. Once in a while, no biggy. Consistently, nope, not good.

Good luck with your goals and I hope you get what you want. Good luck with your thesis as well ;).

Cheers,
    - Mharren
  • BMalesko
    BMalesko Posts: 1
    Options
    Eat the calories. You burn calories in digestion. It's okay to feel full. If you are not getting enough your body will think it needs to be in starvation mode and you WILL NOT LOSE!:happy:
    :happy:
  • Mrs_Bones
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    This thread is a really good one for explaining where your minimum calories need to be. For active people 1200 is just too plain low, but you need to start somewhere. I hate sounding intrustive, but the sentiment you expressed in your OP sounds like you're on the brink of an eating disorder. Not only from the small number of calories, but from your compulsive need to control your food and your fear of being full. Food isn't bad or evil. Food can be a brilliant and wonderful thing in your life but you need to form a positive relationship with it. I think it would be worth your time to speak with someone who can help you. Aim for 1200 and increase from there until you're at least meeting your BMR. Better yet, aim for TDE minus 20% to lose weight. It's been working for me. That link above will explain it.
  • DalalMutar
    Options

Good luck with your goals and I hope you get what you want. Good luck with your thesis as well ;).

Cheers,
    - Mharren

Thank you .. very helpful
  • DalalMutar
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    This thread is a really good one for explaining where your minimum calories need to be. For active people 1200 is just too plain low, but you need to start somewhere. I hate sounding intrustive, but the sentiment you expressed in your OP sounds like you're on the brink of an eating disorder. Not only from the small number of calories, but from your compulsive need to control your food and your fear of being full. Food isn't bad or evil. Food can be a brilliant and wonderful thing in your life but you need to form a positive relationship with it. I think it would be worth your time to speak with someone who can help you. Aim for 1200 and increase from there until you're at least meeting your BMR. Better yet, aim for TDE minus 20% to lose weight. It's been working for me. That link above will explain it.

thanks a million. I'll check it out now
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    So guys if you don't mind, I would like to have friends to help me through this. please feel free to add me.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    at the OP. what is your goal weight and height by the way?
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    at the OP. what is your goal weight and height by the way?

my goal weight is 65 kgs (143 pounds)
    and my height 164 (56.5 inches)
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    A long time ago, I went to a commercial weight loss clinic. When I didn't lose any weight for two weigh-ins, they put me on 500 calories a day. I tried it for one day. That was enough for me to realize my body felt all wrong and my mental acuity was gone. I upped my calories to 950 a day, and at the next weigh-in argued with them until they "allowed" me to do 950 a day. Then the weight began to come off again.
    Loving the taste of good food is healthy. It's the empty-calorie foods you've got to control. Doing a week's worth of menu planning at a minimum of 1200 calories/day, and then eating to that plan may get you to the point of knowing what a healthy meal looks and feels like. If you can't manage 1200 at first, try 1000 for a few days. Then add an apple and a piece of whole grain bread to take you to about 1200. Once you have 1200 down pat, take it up a few notches to get closer to what MyFitnessPal says you need daily.
    I'm only shooting for 1 lb a week loss, and I'm okay with a half pound. If you need the help of a doctor or support group, please add that to your life. I would not ever do weight loss without my doctor's help; he checks my blood values for cholesterol, vitamins, etc., to keep me on track.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism has slowed down due to a fasting diet.

Take a break from your fasting diet, eat your maintenance calories for two weeks, each meal should have fats, proteins and carbs as your hormones are all ****ed up. Then after two weeks start again, but this time only subtract 500 calories from your daily maintenance calories.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    No advice,,,

Just wanted to say to the OP that you are the same height as me and have the same goal weight! (Well, I have set mine to 68kg at the moment as a "maximum")

I am also about 8kg over at the moment, I weight 73kg.

I'm eating 1,800 cals a day
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm a researcher.

Weird. Like twins.
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    Also, I'm a researcher.

Weird. Like twins.

Wow!

I should add you as a friend. what about your workouts?

and do you lose weight normally, let's say?