Plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• mannequinchampion
    mannequinchampion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP, though prior to joining I lost approximately 50 pounds on my own accord. However my reason for joining the site is because I seem to have reached quite a long plateau period.

I currently weigh 126 pounds, a weight which I seem to have stuck at (give or take the odd pound either way) for months now. I started using MFP to track my eating and exercise habits with the hope of finding the means to improve them, which I have, yet still my weight isn't changing (despite MFP telling me that it should be...)

It's beginning to become incredibly difficult for me to continue to motivate myself as I'm no longer seeing any results. Therefore I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to why my weight loss has stopped or how I could "restart" it again?
    You are 5'6 and 126 lbs, what exactly is your goal weight/how much did you want to lose??

Just seems like you should already be at goal.. I am 5'2 and I know the top of my healthy weight range is 135.

In an ideal world I'd be 112 pounds but I'd settle for just losing another 7 or so pounds. I know that doesn't seem like much to quibble over but I'd feel a lot better about myself just getting off those last few pounds.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP, though prior to joining I lost approximately 50 pounds on my own accord. However my reason for joining the site is because I seem to have reached quite a long plateau period.

I currently weigh 126 pounds, a weight which I seem to have stuck at (give or take the odd pound either way) for months now. I started using MFP to track my eating and exercise habits with the hope of finding the means to improve them, which I have, yet still my weight isn't changing (despite MFP telling me that it should be...)

It's beginning to become incredibly difficult for me to continue to motivate myself as I'm no longer seeing any results. Therefore I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to why my weight loss has stopped or how I could "restart" it again?
    You are 5'6 and 126 lbs, what exactly is your goal weight/how much did you want to lose??

Just seems like you should already be at goal.. I am 5'2 and I know the top of my healthy weight range is 135.

In an ideal world I'd be 112 pounds but I'd settle for just losing another 7 or so pounds. I know that doesn't seem like much to quibble over but I'd feel a lot better about myself just getting off those last few pounds.
    For your age & height, the "healthy" weight range is 118-155.. so 112 would basically be considered underweight. 7 lbs would put you right at the bottom of the range. So you are going to most likely find your weight loss much slower at this point because your body is already at a "healthy" weight. I'd probably expect less than a 1/2 lb average loss per week - and remember that is average over time.