Walmart 10lb Kettlebell

davidk74
davidk74 Posts: 8
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Walmart has Golds Gym brand Kettlebells but they are only 10lbs. Does anyone know if that is enough for male to begin with?

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    I am not a male :happy: but I do a kettlebell move 30 times in the bathroom stall at work every time I go in to pee (I drink a lot of water and sit all day) with no bell and I still raise my heart rate up just a bit. I just do it to keep me moving a little during the day so I would assume that any little bit of weight would help.
    Sorry I didn't really answer your question but I just hate seeing a plea go unanswered.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    I am a female and I started with a 10lb kettlebell. It's pretty intensive and I work up quite a bit of sweat. I don't know - can you pick up one up and try it while at at the store. The ones I've seen (even the ones in the boxes) have the handle sticking out. Just do a few swings and see how it feels.
  • davidk74
    I am a female and I started with a 10lb kettlebell. It's pretty intensive and I work up quite a bit of sweat. I don't know - can you pick up one up and try it while at at the store. The ones I've seen (even the ones in the boxes) have the handle sticking out. Just do a few swings and see how it feels.

Thats a good idea. I will give it a shot.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    I was just at Target today & was looking at them... at my store they had 10, 15, 20 & 25lbs in stock
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    I must be a wimp. I am 60 year old female and just started with a kettlebell and mine is 4 lbs. and I work up a sweat.
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    I love my kettlebell. I started out with a 15lb. about a year ago. My only regret is that I did not get the one at ****'s that had a way to change the weight so I could work up with out buying a new one. A year later I am still using the 15 because I can't afford another one. But kettlebells are great and I think you will be able to raise your heart rate with a 10, have fun!
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    I love my kettlebell. I started out with a 15lb. about a year ago. My only regret is that I did not get the one at ****'s that had a way to change the weight so I could work up with out buying a new one. A year later I am still using the 15 because I can't afford another one. But kettlebells are great and I think you will be able to raise your heart rate with a 10, have fun!

I am sorry, to repost but I just had to say how funny I find it that they "bleeped out the name of my local sporting goods store!" :)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member

I am sorry, to repost but I just had to say how funny I find it that they "bleeped out the name of my local sporting goods store!" :)

I know this cracks me up too!
  • leo203
    leo203 Posts: 1
    For a male starting out-recommend 20-25lbs

I started using 15 lbs-way too light
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    A 10lb kettlebell is way too light in my opinion for a male. I have a 15 & a 25 and only need the 15 for overhead presses. Go to a kettlebell website like Art of Strength or Dragon Door & they will give you guidelines as to which bell you need. Sometimes too light a bell will actually cause you to have bad form. Also...those adjustable bells would be very hard to do some moves...like a clean, hold in rack position, & no way I'd do a snatch w/an adjustable bell...just my 2 cents worth.
  • davidk74

LOL and not Walmart
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    bump for later
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    I must be a wimp. I am 60 year old female and just started with a kettlebell and mine is 4 lbs. and I work up a sweat.

Definitely not a wimp. Kettlebells are brutal and awesome at the same time. Keep it up.
  • davidk74
    OK, I bought a 30lb er. My daughter brought me home a viral gift from play school. So i will post once I give it a whirl.
    I think I will just start by swinging it till I fall over.
This discussion has been closed.