I Have Improved On __________

Options
I want you to tell me about your success, nothing about weight though. For a second let's all pretend weight doesn't exist and focus on our success with our health.

What have you improved at? What have you done that left you smiling when it was complete? Tell me. Don't mention anything about weight, just focus mainly on how your health has improved, and if you can do something better then you could before, even if you're not a size 3 or 10 lbs lighter yet, you are winning in my book as long as you're improving!

:)

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Leg lifts. Sounds silly but leg lifts and circles just KILLED me in the beginning. Roll ups (sit ups, but with your legs pressed down on the floor), too. Now I can do those all day. Feels so good!

Great topic!
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Used to not be able to run to the end of the road, can now jog 5miles. Woo hoo!!!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    great post - thanks - gets one to thinking.
    I have noticed that my ankles are no longer a bit swollen
    I have noticed that my posture is better
    I have noticed that in general I am eating better
    I recently discarded the last pair of pants that fit when I joined MFP - broken zipper and all.
    Clothes that I have not been able to wear are starting to fit again
    I feel lighter and have a bit more pep in my step
    take care:flowerforyou:
  • Turtle1794
    Options
    Leg lifts. Sounds silly but leg lifts and circles just KILLED me in the beginning. Roll ups (sit ups, but with your legs pressed down on the floor), too. Now I can do those all day. Feels so good!

Great topic!

Not silly at all! Nice job! :] Keep going! :smile:
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I can run/jog for half an hour straight on the treadmill now, before I'd struggle doing 5 minutes. Also bumping up my speed as well so more running than jogging now :smile:
  • Turtle1794
    Options
    Woah, o.o, there is some serious progress being made! Keep going! :)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Being mindful of what and how much I eat. I feel better physically and emotionally, and I have so much more energy!
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever eat sweets and bread anymore....I mean, one day a week, I indulge in whatever I want....but since almost eliminating it..my skin absolutely glows. I have never been completely pimple free...but I am now. I'm not as tired as I use to be. I have lots of energy...and my cravings for junk food..are now cravings for grilled fish and turkey. I use to go through a 2 liter of soda a day..that habit is GONE. Now I drink tons of mint tea and water.

Small changes lead to huge accomplishments.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My shoulder and hamstring flexibility is getting better.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    I have improved on my upper body strength.

I have improved on doing planks, mountain climbers, and doing more girl push ups.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've gotten better on portion sizes/control
    I've noticed during my Insanity workouts that I can stretch a little more than when I started the program, like I'm gaining flexibility.
    I've severely cut back on the soda and am drinking sooo much more water.
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am sleeping better.
    I can do over one hundred jumping jacks and when I started ten were a chore.
    I have way more energy and I do not suffer from afternoon slumps like I used to.
    I find little use for television, in fact I rarely watch it since I would rather be on this site or searching for healthy recipes when I have downtime.
  • alicecee92
    Options
    I enjoy how every single day I can see myself getting stronger, better, can lift heavier, push myself for longer.. It's a good feeling :bigsmile:
  • Veronicathebeautiful
    Options
    More energy.
    I sleep better/easier.
    Walking longer, longer distances everyday.
    Making better food choices.

Great topic.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have improved by getting rid of my hypertension.
    I have improved by no longer having excess fat on my back and legs.
    I have improved by gaining discipline to get up earlier every day and workout and learning it's okay in moderation.
    I have improved by surpassing even my oldest clothes. They are all too big now :bigsmile:
    I have improved by being just that much closer to having abs for the first time in my life and feeling comfortable in a bathing suit :wink:
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Planks. 2 min 30 sec. Yayyy me ;)
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The Acid Reflux problem is much less as I shrink. I still will always need to take the over the counter pills because otherwise my perfume allergy is out of control. They are linked. Long story short, everytime my stomach shrinks, I feel that the acid reflux problem goes down.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Great topic!!

I can breath better
    I can ride my bike for 30 minutes now better then the 5 minutes I could when I started
    I can stand without it hurting
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    When I started doing body pump.. I couldn't attempt a push up, never knew what a side plank was and when we were told to sit up while holding the bar (after being on the step thing) I couldn't sit right up. It was a struggle.

Now I can do a few pushups, do a few side planks and I can sit right up from the step when told to sit up.
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have improved at so many things...

-- Portion control and recognizing appropriate (for me) portion sizes
    -- Flexibility
    -- Drinking water
    -- Treadmill -- I can go faster and for longer
    -- Crunches
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!