Near Goal Weight but Not Near Goal Body

Options
2»

Replies

• SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you did 30DS, move up to Ripped in 30 or start the Body Revolution...you don't need a gym or big space!
    I've done nothing but JM videos and I am 20 pounds heavier than my lightest weight, and wear a size smaller.
    Good luck!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises work - push ups (on toes), lunges and squats could do a lot for you. Also, resistance bands are very inexpensive. Also, for lower body plyometrics work great - jumping lunges, squat jumps, etc.

We also have a Planet Fitness in town that is $9.99 a month. Haven't been there but that is not a bad price.

Good luck!!
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys!!

Just to clarify, I live in a very rural area. I can drive 15 minutes and have the choice of two gyms, one of which is $40/month and the other is about $35/month with very work-unfriendly hours. Neither fit in my budget. If I had one of those $10/month chain gyms around here, I'd be all over it!!

Off to check out the links and books everyone recommended. THANK YOU!!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    try resistance band training. You can get a set of bands from Target for $10. They are the elastic scarf looking things but they work as good as the ones with the handles. Plus the handle or over the door mount cant come back and hit you in the top of your head and give you a sever cut (it happened to me thought I was going to pass out after seeing all that blood).

There are tons of websites that can give you workouts to do using the bands and body weight exercises.

I love resistance band training to tone up what I have on the days I don't go see my personal trainer.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm going to also jump on the LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS bandwagon. Heck, even if you don't belong to a gym or have access to a good weight set, you can still do very effective body weight calisthenics just using your own body. Push ups are great, so are lunges.

If you are interested in investing in a set of weights, I have been able to transform my body from a jiggly mess to 16% body fat using 3lb, 5lb, 8lb and 12 lb weights, depending on the move.

Of course, diet helped a lot too, but the exercise helped me get to goal without making me feel like I had to go further.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options