What is your highest Heart Rate while jogging?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    176-180. Not ideal but it is what it is. Resting I'm 50.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    You should stay in the 80-90% max rate for maximum weight loss benefits. Also, someone who is super fit can run a 10K without getting higher than 75% of max whereas someone who is not fit could go up to 95%. It is important not to work your heart at very high utilization for extended periods of time. This message brought to you by 'what movie would you like to see the sequel to' thread which died and infamous death because you didnt participate!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago, mine hit 193 (116% of my "max" heart rate according to my Polar FT4).

Sadly, I was only sort of jogging. It was my first attempt at C25, which was walking for 90 seconds followed by jogging for 60 seconds.

Had I been really running ... like for my life ... I'd probably have dropped dead of a heart attack.

As you've probably figured out, I am VERY out of shape, but I'm working on it.
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I've gotten as high as 177-180 but typically during exercise i stay between 140-170 depending on what i'm doing. If its Insanity, around 160-170 but with biking i stay around 140-150.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    My max is 200 to 205. I routinely hit in the 180s when I run but recover quickly. My resting is quite low too - mid 50s to low 60s.

Age 38.
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago, mine hit 193 (116% of my "max" heart rate according to my Polar FT4).

Sadly, I was only sort of jogging. It was my first attempt at C25, which was walking for 90 seconds followed by jogging for 60 seconds.

Had I been really running ... like for my life ... I'd probably have dropped dead of a heart attack.

As you've probably figured out, I am VERY out of shape, but I'm working on it.

This is pretty funny! I understand totally!! My "jog" is very very slow!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    About 180 boy do I feel like thowing up also try to maintain around 160. Im 45 and a regular runner. My Max is 180 or close to it using the simple math I average 8 minute pace for 6-8 miles. or more ;-)).