How often do you cheat on your diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    As I'm not married to my diet, I don't have to "cheat" on it....Oh, wait, I'm not on a diet.....:bigsmile:
    It's a lifestyle - I have enough calories that I can have a nice meal without counting and a few glasses of red wine once a week, and I have something yummy everyday......
    If something comes up (wedding, birthday or whatever) I eat sensible and enjoy it.....
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

I don't cheat, I just eat! :bigsmile: Last week was my birthday, and I celebrated all week long!
  • rachelr18
    Options
    I have one cheat day a week and then try to eat as healthy as possible the rest of the week. :smile:
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    D: Am I the only person that goes over on my calories and honestly just doesn't give a hoot about it?

I have at least one cheat day a week, at absolute most three. It really depends on my week. I don't even try to burn it off. :D
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I just eat anything I want. Don't care what my macros are as long as like it and I'm losing weight.
  • TigerPawsSC
    TigerPawsSC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is hard enough without intentionally setting aside a day to make it harder.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I cheat almost every weekend but I don't really consider it cheating...just living.
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet, I am on a lifestyle change. I don't cheat, I treat!
  • oscarlx
    oscarlx Posts: 6
    Options
    iifym.

u mad?
  • sketchymurr
    Options
    If you splurge one day a week then that still is a huge change. Most of us use to splurge every day of the week so if you try to eat healthy and track for 5-6 days of the week then and that is what it takes for you to NOT feel deprived and keep on going, then so be it.

This is a good point. I have cheat meals about twice a month, but I track everything. I want to be aware and make healthier decisions, but, I didn't get fat by not enjoying food. So I try to still enjoy it. In moderation. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My "diet" and I have an open relationship.

So long as I'm open and honest with my "diet", via my food diary and I make sure I practice safe snacks, I'm allowed to swan around with any foodstuff I wish.

My "diet" and I know that a long lasting relationship is based on trust, mutual respect and the willingness to compromise and strike a balance. So far, so good!
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Cheating implies breaking a rule, or doing something wrong.

I don't cheat. There are no foods that are off-limits to me. Are there foods I don't normally have? Sure, but I choose not to because I don't want to and for my health, not because I *cant have them.

The things that I still do enjoy that aren't the best for me I enjoy in moderation. I'm not one to substitute foods either, for I go for the real thing, except in smaller portions.

But I guess by myfitnesspal standards, I cheat every day with my daily chocolate fix. 85% dark organic though! :wink:
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Never. No need. IIFYM.

this
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I never cheat, I swear. I have flirted around a bit though.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    why cheat when you can earn the cals and have what you want
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    On the phone app, you can have it look at your week's calorie intake. If I have something big coming up, or a night out, I try to run a deficit so that I can "afford" it, and I look at the rest of the week to see what I'll need available. It's like a budget really. My goal is to stay under that red line shown on the app for the week. If I don't do that, I'm not going to lose the pounds I have it set up for. I really don't want to work hard for six days and ruin all that effort on the seventh.
  • cassienut
    cassienut Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I say if you want something eat it. It shouldn't be "cheating." Eat healthy when you can and when you want something have it. Just try and stay within your calorie range. We are human. Sometimes we like bad foods too and its ok as long as your getting some good stuff in there. Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes I have a bad 3 days in a row and then i get a little better on track for the next couple days....and so on.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "cheating". My lifestyle is "everything in moderation". If I want something extra, I burn extra calories for it. If I feel deprived with my lifestyle change, I will not continue it. I will quit. This way, I never feel deprived. Just my two cents.

This ^^ ~ well said.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I cheat almost every weekend but I don't really consider it cheating...just living.
    Thats right. Its living. Eat, drink and enjoy life .
    Just burn the s***t off when you are done :)