Opinions on Nike Flex vs. Dual Fusion

Options
I'm totally new to running, having just started C25K today, so I don't know much about running shoes other than some quick studying online. I normally wear Skechers Shape-Ups, but I mean the old pre-lawsuit ones that are more like Frankenstein shoes. I love 'em! They're sturdy and comfortable and get me through lots of walking, but the thickness and heaviness make them unsuitable for running.

After some shopping around, I liked both Nike Flex and Dual Fusion womens running shoes. Flex appealed to me because they're so light weight and were comfy on my feet, even where I usually have pressure on the upper part (just below the toes) of my inner foot. However, they almost felt TOO light because I'm so used to big, clunky shoes. Dual Fusion felt a little more like what I'm used to, which gives me a higher comfort level, but they weren't quite as comfortable.

I ended up buying both pairs as I had a coupon and there was a buy one, get one half off offer. I tried the Flex pair on my very first C25K session today, and they were very comfy although they felt kind of...well, flimsy isn't the right word, but maybe insubstantial? Still, I was impressed that they didn't tear up my feet at all. Living in FL, I'm normally in flip-flops so I get almost instant blisters from anything other than my Skechers.

I'd love to hear other opinions of either of these styles for running. I'll be doing C25K for eight weeks and will then start doing some 5K races, but nothing too hardcore. Are they good for amateurs? Did I miss something better in the store? I looked at Skechers but hated all their new styles.

Replies

• KeriB2000
    KeriB2000 Posts: 2
    Options
    Did you ever get any responses, maybe by direct messages or something? I am comparing both for the exact same reason (C25K) and like both shoes but can't really find anywhere what the main differences are. Did you eventually pick a favorite? Which one did you stick with? I know this is like months after your post, but I am in the exact same boat today. :-)