Weird ankle pain? what is going on?

just wondering if any one has any idea's what this could be. i'm planning to go see my doctor this week to find out what is going on. but this is really worrying and bothering me. i love to run. i've always been a runner. but lately i have not been able to, because my ankle is causing me a lot of pain. the weird thing is, the ankle problem of mine has been going on for about 6 months now, on and off. some months it feels just fine and normal. and then other times i will wake up and i can barely walk on it. its always in the same spot in my right ankle. and it hurts to put pressure on. i've had standard x rays on it in the past, nothing showed up. there has to be something going on. its making it hard for me to work or do anything, having to be on my feet. any idea's what it could be. why would it feel fine some weeks, and then all of a sudden out of no where, my ankle hurts and i'm limping on it.?

Replies

• lerachase
    lerachase Posts: 11
    If nothing's shown up on x-rays, then it's less likely it's something with the bone (like a spur or tension fracture) and more likely something with the soft tissue, or possibly cartilage. I would bet on the soft tissue. It sounds like tendonitis I've had before, or possibly burcitis (no, I don't know how to spell that.) Both of those can flare up with the tissues literally become inflamed. While I always recommend taking the doctor's advice, you might talk with him/her about the potential of that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    i'm planning to go see my doctor this week to find out what is going on.

/thread