How much do you 5 4 girls eat?

Options
I know something similar has been asked but I am just curious as to how much you 5 4 girls eat. I run and briskwalk 30 miles 5 days a week and about to get into Jillian's workouts 5 days a week on top of that, so Ill be eating about 1700-1900 since I'm trying to lower my body fat and build some muscle. What's worked for you to lower the body fat? Thanks for viewing!

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    1600 on cardio and non lifting days

2000 on lifting days

5ft 3"
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It averages out to 1800 cals a day or so.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories you need is based on your weight and to a lesser degree, your bodyfat %, not your height.
  • ThatDamnRobyn
    ThatDamnRobyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would agree with whierd. But here is my info: I'm 5'4", 115lbs, 22% body fat. I aim for 1400-1500 per day but add in whatever exercise I do. So usually more like 1800-1900/day.
    On the rare occasion I don't exercise at all, I usually manage to go over on my calories, but I usually do an hour of strenuous yoga in the morning then later in the morning either some cardio or weight training, so it's not that often that I don't exercise at all.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Its certainly nice to see people my my height eating a decent amount. And for whierd, I cant ask 5 10 girls what their calorie needs are to reach the same goal as me because obviously they need more to support their larger figures, correct?

Thanks for the responses so for people!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1800 and a tad over 2000 a day. When I started in October (not on MFP) I was eating a bit over 2000 to a bit under 2300 a day, I was eating more on school days, somehow my schedule left me with too many hours being awake so I would eat more those days.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Its certainly nice to see people my my height eating a decent amount. And for whierd, I cant ask 5 10 girls what their calorie needs are to reach the same goal as me because obviously they need more to support their larger figures, correct?

Thanks for the responses so for people!

Yes and no. A 5'4" woman weighing 300lbs will have a larger caloric need than a 5'10" woman who weighs 160lbs. :)
  • JenCatwalk
    Options
    Yes, you're right. Just not the kinda info I'm looking for. But thanks for your imput. :3
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft3, around 120lbs kind of fluctuates, I eat between 1400-1600 every day usually, i'm finding some days i go over the 1600 and others are pretty low, its just the way it seems to fit around my lifestyle, also doing JM around 3-4 days a week hoping to up this and add in more weight training, like you i want to build muscle and banish fat i suppose :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I am 5"5 about 120 pounds trying to lose weight: cut fat and gain muscle (can't do it at once I KNOW I KNOW)

1500-1600 on pole dancing days

1600-1700 on lifting days

1450 on rest days

It's bloody slow and steady coz I used to swear by VLCD, so my body is still adjusting. But I am getting stronger and slowly leaner
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1550 plus exercise calories. I think I will put it up again soon though, I lift 3 times a week and do a bit of cardio here and there and wear a HRM when I do both
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing an intense cutting routine, so I'm restricted to 1350 calories a day, but that's not typical for me. I'm 42, 5'4", 133lbs. Maintenance for me is around 2200 cals. I'll reduce it by about 500 calories for simple weight loss.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've just upped mine to 1700+ exercise since I was slowly losing on 1600+ exercise and I'm aiming for maintenance. I lift heavy 3x a week and currently do no cardio beyond the bike warm-up. 5'4", 131-132lbs, 26%BF or thereabouts.

This works out about the same as "TDEE for light activity" over the week, I just prefer to eat more on workout days, and to only eat what I've "earned". If I don't workout, I don't get the extra calories.

It's also partly driven by how I feel. I was hungry hungry hungry yesterday (for the third time that week, which is why I upped my calories) but I'm unlikely to eat as much today, simply because I'm unlikely to want it.

Note - I'm looking to recomp, not lose weight. When I'm on a cut, it's 1500+ exercise. I'm losing about 1% BF every 4 to 6 weeks, seemingly regardless of whether I'm cutting or eating maintenance.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    about 1800 and I eat back most exercise calories
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5"

My previous set limit was 1320 but I exercised to help get an extra 400 calories almost every day.

Now they lowered my limi to 1250 so I exercise an extra 350 a day.

Most of the time I do not hit my limit and other times I fare about 1600-1700 calories.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, 153 lbs and do not excersise hardly at all, one; because I hate it and two; because I have 4 children all taking them to and from 3 different schools, all in afterschool activites and sports etc and the youngest is home with me and I just don't have time between them and my at home business LOL

Anyways, I eat 1200 calories a day which seems to be losing 1-2 lbs a week, seems like if I even go to 1400 calories a day I will not lose anything or even gain! SIGH

But yes that's me in the pic running a 5K, don't let it fool ya' I do "jog/walk" 5K's about once every 2 motnhs and that's it, no real training in between or anything haha
  • sarzee2
    sarzee2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 119 lbs and my calories are set at 1490 (my BMR with my normal rest day activity level) and then on days I work out (3-4 days/week lifting and about 20 minutes HIIT) I eat back 1/2 my exercise calories. Only half because I don't measure all of my food and I also don't have a HRM, and I know the calorie counts on cardio machines aren't super accurate.
  • JenCatwalk
    Options
    Thats awesome idea! Thanks!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am 5'4, 153 lbs and do not excersise hardly at all, one; because I hate it and two; because I have 4 children all taking them to and from 3 different schools, all in afterschool activites and sports etc and the youngest is home with me and I just don't have time between them and my at home business LOL

Anyways, I eat 1200 calories a day which seems to be losing 1-2 lbs a week, seems like if I even go to 1400 calories a day I will not lose anything or even gain! SIGH

But yes that's me in the pic running a 5K, don't let it fool ya' I do "jog/walk" 5K's about once every 2 motnhs and that's it, no real training in between or anything haha

If you lose 1-2 lbs per week at 1200 calories, it is 100% impossible to gain at 1400 calories, unless you are talking temporary water weight from either additional carbs or a temporary increase in calories (body needs to adjust) because it means that your TDEE is 1700-2200 calories. This means you can't gain fat until you exceed those numbers.

OP, my wife is 5'2, 150, has an active job, no exercise and a heart condition and is losing at 1700 calories.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    5'3 and average about 1800-2100 per day, love it since I'm never hungry. Workout 4-5 days a week (cardo & wt lifting). Losing about .5-2 lbs per week. Slow but pretty regular weight loss, I'm happy so far. :happy:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter