Worst thing about being fat/best thing about being thin

Options
2»

Replies

• CHEVYLOVER
    CHEVYLOVER Posts: 15
    Options
    WORST THING WAS BEING TALL AND HAVING A BIG BOOTY, SO IT MADE IT A HUGE CHALLENGE TO BUY PANTS, USED TO TAKE ME HOURS AND HOURS.

BEST- THE CONFIDENCE BOOST ESPECIALLY WHEN IM SHOPPING, I CAN TRY ON TWO PAIRS OF PANTS AND WALK OUT WITH ONE OF THEM. YEAH!!!!!!! AND CAN RUN 4 MILES EASILY.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    In addition to everything that everyone else mentioned on here, one of the worst things about being fat is never wanting to have your picture taken or be videotaped. And, hating all the pictures that have been taken because you know you look fat and it gives you a self-esteem blow every time. It's especially upsetting when you are married and have kids, but still don't want to be put on camera with them. The best thing about being thin is feeling healthy, confident, and sexy. Above all, having your outside match your inside.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The worst part for me was/is that i might not get older as 40, which is just a 9 years and 2 months more than i'm now.

The best part of being .. well i prefer 'healthy' not sin, is to live and have the chance to see my future kids grow up, and first of all get them :)
  • veronicarose
    veronicarose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    definitely yr attitude and the way you feel! almost anything you want to wear will look good on you!
  • mhannan13
    mhannan13 Posts: 53
    Options
    Thank you guys for all your thoughts! So many of them ring a bell.

For me though, the worst thing about being fat is tied between the anxiety u feel in a new or unknown situation and catching a glimpse of yourself and just hating the way you look.

I'm not thin yet, but the best thing about being thinner is the drive and happiness that comes from weight loss spilling into other aspects of my life. I've been doing better at school and getting along better with my friends!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I think i'll echo the sentiments already listed here BUT the worst thing about being fat is feeling like I had to hide my normally outgoing personality for fear that I would attract attention. I'm looking forward to being straong, fit, able to run (maybe a half marathon one day), climb a few of the 14er peaks in Colorado etc etc etc. I'm looking forward to being able to be the life of the party again, act like a goofball (if I feel like it) and have my hubby's eyeballs pop out of his skull.
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options

For me though, the worst thing about being fat is tied between the anxiety u feel in a new or unknown situation and catching a glimpse of yourself and just hating the way you look.
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options
    Catching your reflection off guard can sting the ego.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Worst thing was no photos of me with my kids because I hated my weight.

Best thing - having the energy to not only keep up with them but to outlast them :laugh:
  • youndy10
    youndy10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First time poster!! I agree with a lot of what has been said. Here is mine:

Worse thing: FEELING like I look good but then catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror or in a picture and being disgusted with what I actually see. Thinking... Is this what people see when they look at me? Because it's not how I feel!

Best thing: Not there yet... but having my outside match my inside!!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Worst thing about being fat was not being able to get up with the little kiddies all the time and hating looking in the mirror at myself.

Best thing about "getting" thin ( I've still got a ways to go lol) Being able to do all the things I always wanted to do. :wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Worst-Having a hard time tieing your shoes
    Best- Forgetting about how hard it used to be to tie your own shoes!

LOL took the words right out of my mouth.

another worst: sitting on the couch with my legs curled under me, I used to have to move around because my legs would fall asleep. NOT ANYMORE!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    worst thing: the thought in your head first thing you wake up/last thing you think of before you go to bed is how can I do this to myself. Looking at pictures people took of you, looking at yourself in the mirror

best thing: being able to fit in clothes you actual want to buy.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    The worst thing for me is that when I am in a bathing suit I am never comfortable. I CERTAINLY cannot sit down for fear of the excessive rolls. So every summer when everyone would go to the beach daily I would never have much fun because I was always worried about sucking in the stomach, covering up, etc. etc.

The first thing that is coming to mind for getting thin is that i can feel my hip bones again! And my top stomach fat roll is pretty much gone, leaving only the bottom one, which is significantly smaller. My FACE looks normal and slim again. AND from eating well, my hair and nails are very healthy looking. ALSO, I can sleep 6-8 hours a night and have lots of energy all day. Oh, another thing, hehe, it is much easier to run already with the weight I have lost. Can't wait to see what else is in store.
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    I totally agree with the picture thing. Everyone else is thin....and then there's me ;(
  • Wonderlander63
    Wonderlander63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've never ever in my life been thin, so I cant say what the best thing about it would be, although like many other people on here I am going to love the clothes, confidence and sex.

but the worst things about being heavy are something I can talk about. as others have said its feeling bad about yourself but I dont just feel bad... I hate myself, its like the fat is this horrible parasite telling me to just keep eating!

Its the worst to hate eating out because you feel like everyone is looking at you and judging you for even thinking about eating food. and the horrible comments people make. some girl leaned out her car window while I was walking with my fiance the other day to tell me that "fat girls like you shouldn't wear white pants" its hard to stay strong when you hear things like that.

and shopping is the one thing that gets me the most. I hate getting all excited about finding nice clothes in new or used stores in the mall, even in places like target and Ross and trying things on only to realize that every nice thing I see looks like a pile of **** on me :( every time I've gone shopping since I was 14 has been like this, I end up leaving the store/mall crying every-time hating myself a little more. and people tell me to shop at the big people's stores but I find that nearly everything in there is ugly or boring in general, not to mention the judgmental looks of people as you exit the store... and that feeling of shame that at 19 I'm forced to dress like a grandmother because I dont fit in teen clothes ~.~
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Worst- Being on the cusp of regular and plus size so neither stores fit me.

Best- My posture has gotten so much better I feel like I am 2 inches taller and my arms got longer. Also fitting back into clothes that are 6 years old.
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The worst thing was being ridiculed by my weight, family/friends of family/people at school or being held back because i was 'too fat' to do a certain activity.

The best thing about being 'thin' is not getting a heat rash on your inner thighs when you wear anything but pants, i certainly have never missed those days.

My absolute favorite thing though is the confidence I've gained from both good and bad, fat and thin.
  • wehave4
    wehave4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would say the worst part of being fat would be getting gaulded, at least for me and when your all hot and sweaty, its hard putting clothes on and trying to take them off too. Being fat is just a total and utter nightmare. I think the best part about being thin is filling that your free and getting to wear whatever you want and feel good in it and also having much more self confidence in yourself to do the things you want. That's my thoughts anyways.