For the ladies - weight gain mid cycle??

Options
Does anyone gain weight around ovulation time? I think I'm starting to see a trend.
My weight increases by .5-1kg at the exact same time I ovulate even when I am sticking to my calories etc.
Anyone else?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yes, your lady parts can make your body and weight do crazy things. This is normal.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    It happens to me during my time of the month! All that bloating and when I'm on my month, I usually CRAVE chocolate but I try not to eat it, haha.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    you forgot the part about how it goes away afterward, which makes this irrelevant.
  • whierd
    Options
    It happens to me during my time of the month! All that bloating and when I'm on my month, I usually CRAVE chocolate but I try not to eat it, haha.

Get the individually wrapped Ghiradelli (I know I screwed up the spelling) chocolates and just work in one or two when you are having the craving. Dark chocolate has some nutritional and psychological benefits.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    you forgot the part about how it goes away afterward, which makes this irrelevant.
    Nuh-uh! It never goes away. That's how i got fat. I put on a pound a month for a long time. I also got my period once a month. Coincidence? I think not!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Yes, your lady parts can make your body and weight do crazy things. This is normal.

X4cSmG5.gif
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Get the individually wrapped Ghiradelli (I know I screwed up the spelling) chocolates and just work in one or two when you are having the craving. Dark chocolate has some nutritional and psychological benefits.

you forgot the sexual benefits, but I see right through you. get out of the girls' thread, sir.
  • whierd
    Options

you forgot the sexual benefits, but I see right through you. get out of the girls' thread, sir.

How did you discover my plan to get all the girls eating chocolate?! Nooooooooo!!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate has some nutritional and psychological benefits.

Once you go black.....
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options

lol. thanks for the suggestion.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Actually, I've been tracking patterns and for sure I gain a pound or two around that time.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Ladies, listen to this man. There are many, many benefits of getting some dark chocolate in you. You don't have to wait for that time of the month, either.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yep, i now weigh myself twice a month and try to work opposite ovulation and TOM because I can gain up to 3lb if i get the timing wrong very upsetting :/
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Nuh-uh! It never goes away. That's how i got fat. I put on a pound a month for a long time. I also got my period once a month. Coincidence? I think not!
    BAM! Guess someone just got schooled!