Frustrated by my weight loss

I have now lost 20 pounds. Although I know that this is a great start I am frustrated because I have not gone down a pant size yet. I went from 195 to 175.
I have always carried most of my weight in my tummy area. Since I have started dieting, I have lost most of my weight in my chest, some in my arms, legs, neck, and a little in my stomach area. So the result is a pretty decent amount of weight loss, yet my jeans still aren't big on me. They went from really tight and uncomfortable to pretty comfortable. I just am not losing weight in my stupid stomach area! However, I could use a new bra. :angry:

Anyone else experience this kind of frustration?

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Congrats on your loss. :drinker:

Yes, I have been there, not sure when I FINALLY got down a pants size, was probably 40+ lbs...sigh.

I lost the gut rolls, back rolls, not quite sure about the thighs ( didn't do measurements at the outset) but seemed to take forever to drop a pants size.

Hang in there, it WILL happen.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    I think you will find that you have a LOT of company on this issue, so don't worry about being the only one to find progress in a specific area to be slow.

Do know, though, that others can't see the sizing tag on your pants unless they are on inside out . . . but they will see the general transformation in your body with time.

Since you can't control where the weight comes off, just take comfort in knowing that as you work to become smaller and stronger, you're doing what you need to do to get those results eventually.

Good work on those first 20 lbs!!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Yep. My pants are getting loose in the butt but they're still pinching me in the waist. :/ We don't get to pick in which order it comes off, unfortunately. But I know it'll come off eventually if I just keep going.
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    I'm having the same problem. I started adding pretty belts around my waist and skinny leg jeans. this somehow makes me look smaller and everyone is starting to notice. The funny thing is that they are still the same clothes as before but the fit is totally different:flowerforyou:
  • kgillis87
    kgillis87 Posts: 43 Member
    Just keep going!

If only there was a way to spot-treat the weight off! I would be first in line :tongue: But, slow and steady wins the race. Keep doing what you're doing, and focus on how good it's going to feel when it DOES happen :)
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Thank you to everyone that responded. This makes me feel so much better.
    And I need skinnier jeans but just in the legs. I am actually impressed with how my legs look. I could almost call them sexy. :bigsmile:
    However my waist... not so much.

Thanks again everyone!