Chafing vs. Support - Help Please!

Options
I have always had inner thigh chafing, but now that I have reached normal weight I don't have it much. I do have some loose excess skin there, but not enough to create huge problems. Part of the solution for me has been for me to use Underarmour compression shorts that go all the way to the knee. I don't even have to use vaseline anymore as a lubricant between my thighs.

In spite of all my progress, there is one thing I have noticed that disturbs me some. The compressions shorts offer ZERO support, and I am definitely a man in need of that due to the general dimensions of my appendages in the area. It is very uncomfortable running around all day at work with my stuff flying around unsupported. I don't get chafed, which is fantasticm, but I have no support.

I was hoping someone would have a suggestion about a solution I could use. I wear dress pants at work with the underarmour.

Thanks

Replies

• aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    bump
  • aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    bump
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am not a man, so may be totally off here, but could you wear regular underwear and then the compression shorts over them? Or how about boxer briefs?
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    jock strap
  • n3ver3nder
    n3ver3nder Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting the under armour in the right size - it should be relatively tight around the crotch. Also boxer briefs work well for not chafing, because they don't bunch up, and they aren't as expensive as compression shorts.
    Could you wear tight briefs? Like the designer style ones? I only ever got chafing when I wore baggier boxers, they bunched up and caused chafing.