Motivational weight loss jars!

Options
Great idea! Thought I'd share!

- Get two glass jars & some marbles for this project.
- On one jar write "Pounds Lost"
- On the next jar write "Pounds to go!"
- Now dump the marbles equal to the pounds you want to lose into the "pounds to go" jar & each time you lose a pound, transfer them over to the "pounds lost" jar!

Not sure how to post pictures on here yet, but here is my weight loss blog facebook page with the idea and picture of these jars!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Samanthas-Epic-Weight-Loss-Journey/136786366504940?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline

It's really a good idea. I'm going to be doing this! Love, love!

And Pinterest has other cute ideas on how to make your jars look cute and all that! Just search motivational jars!

Just thought it be a good motivation fun kraft thing to do and share!

Enjoy!

Replies

• foxys_mum
    foxys_mum Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What a Fantastic Idea! Now just need to get some Marbles whilst in town this week.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Great idea! :-) I'm thinking a before after after picture on my fridge when I do my official Onederland pictures is a good idea! X
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    This is a great idea but LORD knows I would have to buy a BUNCH of MARBLES LOL :noway:
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    I have a jar that i put a dollar in for every workout!!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    awesome idea

I just liked the page too

there are some great quotes too

thanks
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    that is a good idea. I use a paper chain to track the weight I have lost. I add a link for every pound I lose.
  • andreabrabham
    andreabrabham Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Great Idea!!
  • anniealedsm
    Options
    Great idea! Thought I'd share!

- Get two glass jars & some marbles for this project.
    - On one jar write "Pounds Lost"
    - On the next jar write "Pounds to go!"
    - Now dump the marbles equal to the pounds you want to lose into the "pounds to go" jar & each time you lose a pound, transfer them over to the "pounds lost" jar!

Not sure how to post pictures on here yet, but here is my weight loss blog facebook page with the idea and picture of these jars!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Samanthas-Epic-Weight-Loss-Journey/136786366504940?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline

It's really a good idea. I'm going to be doing this! Love, love!

And Pinterest has other cute ideas on how to make your jars look cute and all that! Just search motivational jars!

Just thought it be a good motivation fun kraft thing to do and share!

Enjoy!

That is a really cool idea! I have plenty of jars to do that! It doesn't have to be limited to marbles, but I think it's a great idea!
  • Junebugsc
    Junebugsc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea but LORD knows I would have to buy a BUNCH of MARBLES LOL :noway:

I was thinking the same thing!!! Great idea!!
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this since I started. I used little "floral" marbles from the dollar store. But I guess I need to dress up my jars a bit more, especially as they approach "equilibrium" lol!

Anyway, here's mine:

BGS1aGzl.jpg?1
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I did this abut 2 weeks ago. I love it. I have it setting right in my kitchen. It feels amazing every Friday when I get to move marbles over. Whats more exciting is to see the pounds to go pile get smaller and small! I'd reccomend this to anyone.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options

Wish I would have thought about that! I promised myself $5 for every pound loss to buy new clothes later.The $1/workout would have been so much better.
  • emboch
    emboch Posts: 60
    Options
    I just made those last night! Great motivation
  • Samanthaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Samanthaaaaaaaaaaaa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me to, me to. But we will have the marbles gone in no time. We got this.
  • dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Options
    Fantastic idea and I liked your FB Page lots of good stuff on there : )
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a $1 per workout jar! Definitely going to set that up tonight!

And since I don't have a jar big enough for the marbles, I think that I'll do 5lb or 10lb per marble.
  • izzyl09
    izzyl09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Brilliant Idea and something nice to look at and remember how far you have came when you are feeling disheartened! Will def have to invest in some marbles or something similar!

Also, I had a look at your facebook page....brilliant!!! I love some of the pics and the cauliflower pizza idea!!! YUMMMMM

Keep it up, very inspirational :D
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I'm totally going to do this.
  • cjowell
    cjowell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started putting a dollar in a jar for every pound that I lose that way at the end I will have some mula to buy new clothes. I also add in money when I feel I did something worth rewarding (a whole day without diet coke, veggies with every meal, etc.). It's weird but I LOVE putting the money in the jar and watching it slowly grow knowing what it is going towards.
  • jcramer1227
    jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is awesome :) Totally going to do it. I have jars and marbles already, too! Thank you for this!!! <3