need some new friends

Options
I have just passed a year on MFP, and have lost 75 pounds up till Thanksgiving. Since then I have been tottering at the same weight, up and down 5 pounds. Sounds like a decent maintenance plan, but I still have 30 ish pounds to go, I have reset my counter and am ready to restart and reboot. However, over the past year most my friends have faded away, and I would love some new ones to give and receive support.

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am very proud of you!! I have been maintaining for about 9 months and find this whole experience very eye opening. At first, friends were surprised. They expected failure. Then they were happy (at least they said that to me) but then it is like they are jealous. Even my mom pissed me off when she keeps telling me I am too thin. I would like to lose the last 5 lbs just to be sure I keep below my target weight. Maintaining is harder than losing for me as I used to say no to everything and now I know this is for life and I should be able to have a glass of wine or a piece of cheese but for me, it turns into a binge!!!

One thing I just read here on MFP that re-motivated me was to think back as to what finally clicked this time that made you lose weight. I thought back and mine was to show my friends who kept bragging about these stupid 30-day cleanses, expensive shakes, drinks etc like Advocare that I could lose weight with exercise and eating right. I did it!!!

Think back to your original motivation. Be proud of yourself.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'll sent a request

any one can add me
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    I'm also on the "start over" plan. You can add me if you'd like!:flowerforyou:
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I year, that is awesome! I am very motivated and on day 40 today, feel free to add me.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    requests sent!