Which C25K App?

Options
I started C25K by Zen Labs yesterday. Was going to buy it, but happily discovered the pro version is free at the moment. It's an 8 week program, and then I discovered that active.com has a 9 week version with your choice of trainer voice for $1.99 and I saw other versions as well. Curious as to which is the best. It's early enought to where I can still switch if it makes sense to do so.

Replies

• hatkinson87
    Options
    I purchased the $1.99 active.com version over a year ago and I love it! It was definitely one of the apps that I'm glad I paid for. I haven't tried the other free ones, but I love the one I have. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I just used a free one that I found.

If I had to do over now, I'd buy the Zombie Run 5k app. .. because you have to run away from zombies.
  • jxchambe
    jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I bought the active version last week but discovered that it didnt show calories burned so I downloaded a free one by Run Double. Started it friday and I like it. It has the media player, verbal commands, keeps track of calories burned, and graphs your stats. It's a nice app.
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use podcast's rather than an app, i find it easier to not have a choice in the music i have otherwise my mind wanders. By the fact you used $ i guess your in the States? Here in the UK the NHS do podcasts which i find really good (and free)
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've only ever used the Zen Labs Pro app and it worked just fine for me! 8-) I'm now regularly running 10 miles, all due to the Zen Labs app getting me out and running! 8-)

Which is best?!? That's a very subjective question. Which ever one works for you is the best answer. Try one and if you don't like it, try switching.

Best of luck!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I bought the active version last week but discovered that it didnt show calories burned so I downloaded a free one by Run Double. Started it friday and I like it. It has the media player, verbal commands, keeps track of calories burned, and graphs your stats. It's a nice app.

Love Run Double, but they don't have an iPhone version, just Android...but it is GREAT!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I purchased the $1.99 active.com version over a year ago and I love it! It was definitely one of the apps that I'm glad I paid for. I haven't tried the other free ones, but I love the one I have. :)

^^ This ^^

I don't worry about calories burned, since I have an HRM, and I like that it integrates with the iTunes playlists on my phone.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    100% agree.. Rundouble on Android. Love it. Am on week 8 and just did day 1.

Really like the tracking and that I can configure it to tell me splits as frequently as I like which means that where I am now I can keep a really good idea of my pace.

(You dont need that bit at the beginning but towards the end, it's useful)
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the Rundouble c25k version, but I really liked it. I think it was 1.99 as well. For bridge to 10k I'm using simple c210k which is free, but no frills. I use mapmyrun to log pace, route, cals burned etc.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I started C25K by Zen Labs yesterday. Was going to buy it, but happily discovered the pro version is free at the moment. It's an 8 week program, and then I discovered that active.com has a 9 week version with your choice of trainer voice for $1.99 and I saw other versions as well. Curious as to which is the best. It's early enought to where I can still switch if it makes sense to do so.

I have the active.com verson on my iPod touch and it was free. I have 2 days left in the 9 week program and I graduate! I have the zombie as my trainer. :) I did notice that if I wanted to get the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3, it would have been $1.99.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Run Double sounds cool. Wish they had an Apple version. I think I might check out Active. I like the idea of a zombie as my trainer. I don't have to worry about calories since I wear my HRM when running. What did we all do in the dark ages before there was an app for everything, LOL!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 and am using Run Double for Android.....love it so far.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just used a free one that I found.

If I had to do over now, I'd buy the Zombie Run 5k app. .. because you have to run away from zombies.

I'm doing the Zombies, Run 5k and love it! I've tried another previously and couldn't get past week 3. This one starts off slower and was a much better pace for me. Today I'll be doing week 6, workout 3. It is so fun and I have begun to really enjoy running.