Options
well here I am...finally stumbled my way to a new site....yaaay.....

Ok so here are some of my basics....24 year old single mom of a very active 3 .5 year old boy. No job. Going to school at night. Uhm.... I don't really have any fitness plan or do many activities. I am trying to get motivated but it just seems more difficult to do something on a regular basis than NOT do it. (I have some health problems - fibromyalgia, severe migraines, and arthritis, just a few and.... I smoke...

I weigh about 225 lbs, last time I weighed myself...on an old pair of scales bought at a yard sale (lol). I wieghed about 180 pounds before I got pregnant four years ago...and boy I shoulda loved myself then because I really hate they way I look now. I would give anything to get back into those size 14 jeans! I am about five foot seven, so even though I have a lot fo weight on me, It som how manages to distribute better... but it still pools around my gut...yick.

So at the beginning of this year I bought a Wii....and the wii fit... and so on... but Ive only used it like 25 days out of like the 100 I've had it. I don't know what it is about exercising. We even moved to a new house and for about a week I was all excited about doing really good with my exercise plan...you know getting out and walking because before we lived on a short dirt road on a highway and you couldn't really walk- now we live in the city and there is paved stuff everywhere....that didn't last long.... just until I started back to school. My mom and I are about the same. We cant really stay motivated. We have all this stuff to exercise on, but it usually sits there and gathers dust until we get a hair up our butt and get back on it for a couple weeks...and then its right back to it,.

Anyway, just thinking about all this is making me feel crappy! Gonna go find a water and hope nothing is looking good in the kitchen lol!

Replies

• lovebrittnie
    Options
    for me when it comes to exercise, a way for me to stay motivated is if i can find one thing that i like to do... for aerobics i really like playing ddr (dance dance revolution) so i got a few different ddr games for variety and and i can keep distracted long enough to get a good enough workork.... so find something you really like doing and see if it works... or try to really make it a point to do some cardio while watching tv. do what you can and even 5 mins helps, it will build to more later.
    right now i'm having a similar problem, trying to start strength training. so until then i do what i can, and i encourage you to do the same. if you can't work out all the time then make it your goal to eat well. what helped me to start eating healthy was by cooking my meals and preparing them, i learned a bit about nutrition and applied it to food.
    sorry if i'm writing alot... but my main point is every little thing does count.