Dumb question... maybe?

Options
lisasch67
lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
Are paleo and clean eating the same? If not what's the difference? Can anyone point me in the direction of some articles on both topics?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    A basic Google search will get you loads of articles. Paleo and clean eating are not the same thing. Paleo is a pretty restrictive diet, that, from what I have gathered with some basic research, cuts out grains and dairy altogether. Possibly soy, too. It would, by default, be a fairly "clean" diet, as processed foods are pretty much ruled out. Eating clean doesn't limit any particular food group, it's just a way of saying someone is eating little to no processed foods.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    A basic Google search will get you loads of articles. Paleo and clean eating are not the same thing. Paleo is a pretty restrictive diet, that from what I have gathered with some basic research, cuts out grains and dairy altogether. Possibly soy, too. It would, by default, be a fairly "clean" diet, as processed foods are pretty much ruled out. Eating clean doesn't limit any particular food group, it's just a way of saying someone is eating little to no processed foods.

This. :)
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make much of a difference really. Everyone I've seen discussing either has their own definition that they apply to justify their food choices. Paleo people make tons of exceptions to what they can and can't eat, based on their own reasoning... people cutting out "processed foods" typically don't understand what the term means and rant about "chemicals and toxins"...

Everyone is just making this crap up.

My advice? Count your calories, watch your macros, and workout.
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    There is nothing restrictive about a paleo diet unless you love eating grains and dairy. For me, I don't- so it's not restrictive at all to me. Eating "clean" means many different things to a lot of different people, and what someone says is a "clean" meal, you may think the complete opposite. Example: a friend of mine's typical "clean eating" meal: 1 or 2 slices of whole wheat toast, with deli turkey, american cheese, light mayonnaise and maybe a few slices of avocado on top. Not that "clean" to me but that's her choice, especially if she's hitting her macros and not overeating a ton. *shrugs*