Excersize on a tight schedule..

Options
I don't have time to spend hours a day training
I don't have transport or money to be able to get to the gym

I work a lot, at odd hours. Have university to attend. And an 18 year old girls social life to maintain.

I know it's a bad excuse but I never feel like I have the time to excersize. So could someone for the love of god please help me? If I had a timed and planned work out that was under 60 minutes, I'm sure I'd be able to fit it in. As it is I just look at my weights and think "I don't have time/ what could I do?"

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-do-a-10-minute-workout.aspx

(fyi- there's an auto-play ad, in case you're watching at work)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Since finances weren't listed as an excuse, I'll suggest DDP Yoga. There are countless yoga variations out there, but it's the one I use, so I know it works. Most of the workouts are considerably less than an hour (certainly any of the ones you'd be doing anytime soon).
  • cat_mb
    cat_mb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I try to cram in a few exercises here and there throughout the day because like you I don't have the luxury of time. I do lunges when I'm cooking, I squat a few reps each time I get up from my chair at work and I do 5 jumping jacks on each trip to the restroom (inside the bathroom, preferably!). I also try to go up stairs as often as possible, I sometimes make excuses. I look silly now but in the end I will look good!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to spend hours a day training
    I don't have transport or money to be able to get to the gym

I work a lot, at odd hours. Have university to attend. And an 18 year old girls social life to maintain.

I know it's a bad excuse but I never feel like I have the time to excersize. So could someone for the love of god please help me? If I had a timed and planned work out that was under 60 minutes, I'm sure I'd be able to fit it in. As it is I just look at my weights and think "I don't have time/ what could I do?"

Youtube has tons of workouts for free! Jessica Smith TV or BeFit TV are my go to's. Also, a lot of people like Fitness Blender on youtube as well. You don't need to spend hours a day in a gym to get fit!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Look up zuzkalight on youtube. Her workouts are usually 20 minutes and super challenging. She doesn't use any equipment but you will definitely feel the burn and see results. I would also recommend buying some DVDs at the store for you to do at home. Jillian Michaels has a few that are around 30 minutes- 30 day shred and ripped in 30.