How to deal?

Options
With people who are constantly bragging about how many squats push ups or situps they did with their trainer, And then you see them constantly drinking sodas, eating chips, burgers etc. And the the next day saying " I don't why I cant lose weight, I don't eat very much and I work out" And I WANT to say, "maybe it has something to do with that burger had for breakfast , or the pizza you had for supper or the fact that you get in 2 strength workouts a week and ZERO cardio"...... It drives me bonkers!!!!! Also she gets so jealous seeing me actually lose weight, And I don't mean that to sound braggy or conceited In the Least.

Is there anyone in your life like this? and if so how do you deal? I know Im gonna hear just ignore it, and I do for the most part but after a while it just drives me nuts.

Replies

• mctucker82
    Options
    I have heard that before. I've told many of my friends and co-workers about MFP and how you just have to track all the cal's you eat and it DOES help you loose weight. I do a little exercise everyday (walking for 1/2 hr, nothing really intense) and track all my food and i've lost 12lbs! It's really helping me stay on track....little by little, the weight will come off.

But some people i tell about this system and they try it and they said "i'm not loosing anything!" and I say "well are you sticking to your calories? Eating your number of alloted calories for the day?" and they say "yes, but i usually go over a bit..." I WANT TO SCREAM AT THEM!! that is WHY you aren't loosing anything!! You are eating more that you are supposed to, thus you WON'T loose it!!

So i'll continue on my quest, help out my friends/co-workers along the way, and hopefully it clicks in their heads!! I feel your pain!! :flowerforyou:
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If trying to ignore it isn't working, say, "I'm sorry, I'd rather not discuss weight loss anymore" and change the subject.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I agree it is insanely annoying! If I can I just get them out of my life. If I can't (co worker, family, etc.) When they complain I tell them that their diet is 80% of weight loss. If they really want to lose weight they can't eat like they do. Exercise is a way to get the body healthy not a way to eat what you want. I do it as nicely as I can. What is funny is even if they don't change their lifestyle, they stop complaining to me about it. Most people who have been like this in my life have seen my transformation and asked how I have done it. I have been very blunt with them at that point.
    Good luck! But like I said, if you can - get em out! =)
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree it is insanely annoying! If I can I just get them out of my life. If I can't (co worker, family, etc.) When they complain I tell them that their diet is 80% of weight loss. If they really want to lose weight they can't eat like they do. Exercise is a way to get the body healthy not a way to eat what you want. I do it as nicely as I can. What is funny is even if they don't change their lifestyle, they stop complaining to me about it. Most people who have been like this in my life have seen my transformation and asked how I have done it. I have been very blunt with them at that point.
    Good luck! But like I said, if you can - get em out! =)

Sis in law...