Stuck in a rut!!

BombolinaM
BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I can't seem to get out!! I was doing so good eating better. I felt better and had more energy. I am laid off again from work (my contract ended). I've gone back to binge and emotional eating this past last month and can't stop. The food doesn't even taste good. HELP!! I need some motivation and need to get out of this rut I am in...Any tips??

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Try taking it one meal at a time and focus on eating healthy. Get out of the house away from any "pity parties" and go walking or workout! Let that me how you choose to deal with the stress and overwhelming feelings that being without work can manifest. Cut off the TV so you don't become a couch potato. Or to take a bolder approach, adopt Nike's strategy and "Just Do IT!" Recommit, start fresh, and begin logging everything that goes in your mouth!!! You are in a tough spot, for you can choose to be tougher! It is all about attitude and choices, and only you can make those for yourself. Good luck! Hope you rejoin us on our journey of healthier lifestyles!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Think of it as one choice at a time and it's not so overwhelming. You have all the power to choose. Always be thinking the next choice will be the right choice. You can choose your next meal. You can choose to work out today or not. Keep making the right choice as often as you can and you will be successful.
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Thank you Ladies!! You're so right to get off my pity party and move on and get off my butt. Today is the start of a new chapter. I am back on MFP and logging my calories and I am going to start walking again. I know the first few weeks are tough. But I can do it :smile:
  • SilviaGG
    SilviaGG Posts: 19
    BE SURE YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! ONE STEP AT A TIME. I STOPPED WALKING FOR A WHILE AND NOW I AM SURPRISED OF MYSELF SINCE I AM WALING 6 MILLES EVERY DAY... SO IT IS ALL ON YOUR MIND... GET OUT AND ENJOY YOUR WALK.
This discussion has been closed.