Weighing in the afternoons

Options
Is there any reliability in weighing in the afternoon? that's the only time I have access to a scales...I really need to buy one.

Replies

• bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It will be higher, possibly up to 2lbs higher than the morning.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It will be as accurate as possible if you keep what you do, eat, drink before weighing in the same.

I personally weigh in when I get up just because it's easiest for me. If you can't get to a scale until later in the day on your weigh in days make sure you are doing the same things before. So eat the same breakfast ... same type of lunch... wear the same type of clothing... drink the same amount of water... do the same type of exercise, etc.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's going to be different than your weight in the morning due to fluctuations throughout the day, but as long as you weigh on the same scale at the same time every week or every day it should be fine.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My official weekly weigh ins are always Monday at noon.

I think as long as you are consistent it's not really going to matter what time of day you weigh in.
  • kayygreat
    kayygreat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in in the mornings but I weigh in about once a week at QWLC after work. That weight is always higher because i have clothes on and have eaten every meal except dinner already. But even though its higher than my morning weight it is still steadily going down.