New to MyFitnessPal.com

Options
Hi! My name is Nicole. I just joined my fitness pal this morning. I was referred by a friend and I am already thankful. My doctor gave me a list of three things to do: quit smoking (completed 9/4), loose weight, and exercise regularly. I honestly thought that quiting smoking was going to be the hardest...boy was I wrong!!!

I have 150+ lbs to loose, but I have a renewed hope with doing it the right way! I am looking forward to connecting with people that share my stuggles and help to provide encouragement along the way!

:smile:

Replies

• Jeni322
    Jeni322 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nicole and I wish you the very best of luck on your journey! I need to quit smoking too but haven't mastered that one yet :(
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will LOVE this site. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like some support and motivation. I wish you the best on your journey.
  • MouthyMatthewCHANGED
    Options
    Hi Nicole,

Welcome aboard!

I'm new too. I was using another calorie control website until recently but I've jumped on-board the good ship MFP and plan to be here for quite some time :-P

Well done on stopping smoking, that's a huge achievement in itself and something you'll always be thankful for :-)

Best of luck with the weight loss. If you fill in your diary accurately and honestly every day, you'll get there.

All the best,

Matthew
    x
  • angelapiedmont
    Options
    Hi Nicole, I just joined yesterday after a friend invited me. I'm very excited about having a support group. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I also quit smoking, it has been 3 years and 4 days now. Giving up smoking was very hard, but I know it was worth it. No more constant cough, no more smelly clothes, no more dirty ashtrays, and hopefully I added some quality years to my life. Good luck, I know you'll do great.
  • Joey1982
    Joey1982 Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! It is a great site and the people here are amazing!! Good Luck with all of your goals!!!
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Welcome Nicole!!! First off CONGRATS of quitting smoking that already is a HUGE accomplishment. This site will definitely help you stay on track with your calorie intake. You will lose the weight that you need to with the support of all of us. Again Welcome!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Nicole and good luck to you and as a former smoker trust me you won't miss them.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nicole!! This site has some amazing tools to use. What types of exercises/workouts do you enjoy doing? There is a group on here for everything! Lots of support!
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I really like my fitness trainer on the Wii. :-) What type of exercise do you like to do?
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nicole!I You will love it here. I have been here for three weeks and I am loving all the support and motivation I am getting. I have 180 lbs. to lose , so I am right up there with you!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I really like my fitness trainer on the Wii. :-) What type of exercise do you like to do?

I have been contemplating in investing in a Wii and getting some of the weight loss games ....do they really work you out on those? Let me know please as I am really not sure if I should invest in that or not although I need something else for exercise and I would think this would be a fun way!!
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I have been contemplating in investing in a Wii and getting some of the weight loss games ....do they really work you out on those? Let me know please as I am really not sure if I should invest in that or not although I need something else for exercise and I would think this would be a fun way!!

I really enjoy the one I have. I have found that there are all kinds of levels on the fitness games. My daughter uses the Wii for exercise too and she has a Jilean Michaels (sp?) work out that kicks her butt sometimes!! My fitness level isn't up there yet, but I hope in a few months I can try to work out with Jilean! :-) Also, it is great for family/friend fun!!