Calorie question? HRM

EmilysMommy
EmilysMommy Posts: 78 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I think they are heart rate monitors, but i know that they count calories burnt and other stuff. Does anyone where one of these? If you were to wear it all day and logged that would it be more accurate than saying I did 5 mins on the elipitcal and then I walked for 15 minutes and so on? And how would you log that, would you just say you did walking for _ minutes and burned _ calories. and actually type in the calories that you burnt? I really hope this makes sense! Thanks for your help!

Replies

• KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    I have a polar heart rate monitor. They are much more accurate then what you just put in on here. I would not wear it all day long as MFP already gives you a calorie def on your calories needed for the day. All you have to do to log it in is go exercise and type in what you did. If it is not in the log then you have to hit add new exercise and yes there is a spot to put how long you did it and how many calories were burnt according to your HRM.

I would recommend the HRM to EVERYONE!!!!! I hit a stopping point in my weight loss because I was eating my exercise calories according to what MFP said I burnt during a workout and found with my HRM I was burning less then what they were saying I was.

Good Luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    I have a Polar F6. And yes, you wear it (with chest strap) while exercising to get a more accurant burnt calorie amount. I've found it's been VERY useful and worth the money. Mine was about $120. IE my eliptical will say in 30 minutes I burn about 500 calories, my HRM will say I've burnt 250, now we all know while were trying to lose weight that's a big difference. I also do zumba and body pump classes, and my calories burnt are ALWAYS different. Also with putting your calories burnt and time in, yes that's exactly how you do it.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    I just started wearing one, I bought the polar f4 ($69) with chest strap. I amazed at how many burned calories I have actually cheated myself out of on some activities! And yes, I put in the activity, and then just change the calories.
This discussion has been closed.