Blueberry ideas

Options
Joreanasaurous
Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
There is a farm near my house that has pick your own blueberries. Between myself, my family and my friends I spend now until Aug every year with about a pound or so of fresh picked blueberries every week. I go nuts trying to think of what to do with the all. Freeze some, put some in muffins, oatmeal, pancakes.... Does anyone have a favorite blueberry recipe I can try or any blueberry suggestions?

Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    smoothies
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    chocolate or yogurt covered and freeze =)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love them in banana bread, and with Fage Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey .. They are very expensive hereYour lucky yotobbe able to get them cheaply!

Zara
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Ooh. Thank you. I can't believe I didn't think of a smoothie! And the other ideas sound delish. Mmm. Thanks.
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love making oatmeal blueberry cookies.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    I like to toss them in my salad. Also a good treat to freeze and eat as a snack, the kids love them this way.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love eating them after freezing them, soo good.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I make wine from them. Quite tasty I might say.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Easy blueberry tarts.

Buy a package of those little mini pre-made graham pie crusts, whipped cream, vanilla pudding, and some blueberry jelly - pie filling (the jelly is optional)

Glob some vanilla pudding in the bottom of the pie crusts (just enough to cover the bottom)

Put about a handful of fresh blueberries on top of the pudding, with a bit of the jelly mixed in

Spread some whipped cream on top and you're done.

My mom makes these for us when she comes to visit and cooks, but they're extremely easy to make and soooo yummy! :) Not terribly bad for you either!
  • knadine85
    knadine85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My aunt made me this great spinach salad, didn't have blueberries in it but it had strawberries. You could always replace them with blueberries.
    It had spinach, strawberries, crushed almonds, cucumbers, mozzarella and raspberry vinaigrette!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Blueberry crepes. Make a compote and spread it inside a crepe. Yummy.
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Blueberry compote and easy to make. Freezes well and yummy on almost everything.
    I make mine by just adding 6 cups of blueberries, 1 cup water, 2 cinnamon sticks and 2 tbsp of Sweet N Low in a pot and simmer on low heat until the sauce is thick and mosture of the mosture is gone.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I love blueberry/banana protein pancakes. 2 out of 3 of my kids like it too.
  • AdrianeParese
    Options
    I found a recipe on pinterest: 1/4 cup quick oatmeal, 1 egg, handful of blueberries, sprinkle of brown sugar, 1T of almond milk. Mix together in a mug and microwave for 1 minute, watch in case it overflows if still undercooked try 30 more seconds.
  • AdrianeParese
    Options
    Also 1 box of Angel food cake and 20 oz. of frozen blueberries thawed mix together pour in 9x13 pan or cupcake pan. Bake as directed. YUM
  • connielouivey
    connielouivey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    haven't tried this with blueberries yet but have with pineapple, apple pie filling, and pumpkin! It's awesome!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    I found a recipe on pinterest: 1/4 cup quick oatmeal, 1 egg, handful of blueberries, sprinkle of brown sugar, 1T of almond milk. Mix together in a mug and microwave for 1 minute, watch in case it overflows if still undercooked try 30 more seconds.

Sounds like magic. Yum.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I freeze them in 1/3 c. portions and eat them plain or use them for smoothies. You get almost an ice cream by using frozen fruit! Also put them on spinach salads with nuts, goat cheese, chicken and either a basalmic vinaigrette or poppy seed dressing.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I like to cook mine down on the stovetop with just a touch of water and sweetener. Then use as a topping for pancakes or waffles.
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    toppings for ice cream, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles.
    smoothies.
    blueberry pie!
    blueberry puree - making your own puree is easy and a lot more healthier.

you can make chicken berry salad -
    basically a salad with chicken strips and fresh blueberries tossed in. it tastes delicious.

make a parfait with berries!
    blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, more blueberries. layered with granola and greek yogurt.