30 day shred

kaydtc
kaydtc Posts: 48
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I've seen this mentioned a lot on MFP and I was thinking of buying the DVD. Can any members let me have their views, good or bad? I am accumulating a large collection of mostly useless DVDs, books etc and don't want to keep adding to it without getting some input first!

Thanks

Replies

• Moneygrow3
    Moneygrow3 Posts: 51
    I think, of all the DVD's I have ever bought, the 30 day Shred is by far the best! I have seen the best results and it keeps me motivated! Plus, its not expensive! Good Luck!
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    I am enjoying the workout from the 30 Day Shred. I won't lie, it is hard, but only 20 minutes! Between eating better and doing the Shred I have lost 6.75" in only a couple of weeks. I am not too worried about the weight (I would like to see a 20lb drop) as I know I am gaining muscle.

You move up a level when you feel ready. All you need are hand weights (I started with 2lb weights, might be buying a 3-4lb set soon).

I recommend getting the DVD, I have others and this one I like.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    I loved the Shred, even though I had to modify some moves (old leg injuries) and also only did it every other day. I really saw results and am thinking of doing it again in a month or two.
    I think it is worth it--and it's usually only about $10.00 at Walmart and other stores!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    I have the Shred and I love it!!! My husband has been anti working out and not really watching what he is eating and I got him started on the Shred 10 days ago and he has done that workout everyday and is enjoying it! The workouts are hard and they really work!!!!!
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 703 Member
    I have a huge collection of dvd's also. I bought The Shred several months ago and finally started doing it on May 1st. I LOVE it!! I have done it every day.... no matter what. It is a great workout, and all in only 20 minutes. I am totally out of shape, so I modify some moves, but like Jillian says.... just keep moving! I highly recommend The 30-Day Shred!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I own one workout DVD... and the 30 Day Shred is it. I just got it last week at Walmart for $9 and its a fabulous investment. I've done it for 6 of the last 8 days and I've definitely seen an improvements. I was stuck at a bit of a mini-plateau for the past week and now the scale is going down, probably as a result of doing the Shred on top of my EA Sports Active Wii workout and the elliptical at the gym. I'd definitely recommend trying it, and it is intense so give it a few days and you'll definitely find it getting less painful. I managed to do over 50 pushups yesterday in 4 different sets between the 30DS and my Wii workout and it's only been 6 days!
  • kaydtc
    kaydtc Posts: 48
    Thanks for all your input people, think i will give it a go :smile:
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Yeah I have to agree with the other ladies as I've devloped some sort of Shred addiction! I have done it every day since I got it on April 31st and some days done 2 sessions in one go! It is a great workout just to fit in in the morning before work or any time you can fit it in!

I got mine on amazon for about £5.95 - BARGAIN! Best DVD I've owned! :) Let us know how you get on!
    -x-x-
This discussion has been closed.