Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weekends are frustrating

Not for the typical "I eat to much on weekends".

Rather it seems that the general change of lifestyle on weekends changes results.

My typical weekday regiment is that of a desk worker. I get up about 5:45AM help get everyone fed and out of the house by 6:45AM. I get to office about 7:30AM. Regiment is nearly the same every day. Same time for breakfast and about the same thing everyday. Ditto for lunch. Leave office about 4PM. Snack at home. Wife and I go for a workout and dinner when we get home.

Then Saturday changes that. Get up a little later and working out by 8:00AM and it is a longer workout. Then an active day and still eat well, but different. We may go out to eat, etc. Still I usually an well under my adjusted calories. Sunday is similar to Saturday. Then weight on Monday is typically higher than Friday and Saturday then usually Tuesday or Wednesday an adjustment will happen.

This weekend for instance. After hitting 225 even last Tuesday or Wednesday the rest of the week stayed at 225.4. Was real good all week as well. Nearly 1000 calorie workout every day. Saturday I spent 1hr 17min on the Elliptical and 30 minutes of weights (Moving quickly between machines and about 5-10 seconds between sets). Ate light for lunch (and breakfast) because my wife and I were taking our oldest up to Madison WI for College Placement tests. Then ate some tasty Mediterranean food in Madison for dinner. According to my FitBit I ended up burning about 4500 calories on Saturday and ate under 3000 according to MFP. Sunday we ate a light breakfast and walked the University of Wisconsin for close to 4 hours. Then hat a slightly more caloric lunch (Buffalo Chicken Panini with an Apple) which included ice cream. Dinner was very light. FitBit put me at 3700 calories and MFP put me at 2500 calories consumed. Drank lots of water all weekend. No Alcohol.

Weigh in this morning 226.6 pounds.

It seems the very fact that even with consuming less calories then burning weekends because of the change in lifestyle result in bad results on the scale (even if temporary).

Replies

• dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Totally agree - each week I lose 1 pound and each weekend I gain 1 pound, been that way for months. Sooo frustrating! I literally bust my butt to just keep losing and gaining the exact same pound... I think my own issues surround drinking alcohol on weekends, eating out, enjoying fun foods (I live in Madison - its everywhere!) and not drinking enough water. In general I'm much more active on the weekend - just not enough to accommodate the other changes that occur on Sat and Sun's. Sigh...
  • For me the frustrating part is that I stay under calorie wise, but like clockwork Monday will be up. On the weekend I burn more and I eat more.

And my wife are really enjoying the choice of school my son made. Except for all the Packers fans. How do you deal with that? :)
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    I always seem to weigh more on Monday mornings. I'm sure mine is attributed to the increase in sodium intake. I stay under my cals, but when I eat out I'm consuming a lot more sodium!
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    That sounds like water weight. I agree with Cricket - it's probably due to higher sodium levels in the restaurant foods.