I just started and I need some friends.

Options
:flowerforyou:

My name is Angela. I'm 36 years old, a wife, mother, full-time student, and part-time waitress. I just joined MFP at the invitation of a friend. After one day I could already see an area that I need to focus on. I love CARBS, they taste soooo good. In fact, I love food. I eat when I'm sad, or happy, or excited, or bored, or to celebrate. Do you see the pattern? I'm here to change that. I don't want to teach my child that this is how to eat. I want to subtly change my husbands eating habits, hopefully without him really even realizing it, because he needs to be healthier (quadruple bypass 3 years ago). I want to feel good when I'm using my body, not winded and cramped. And...I WANT TO LOOK GOOD!

Please add me as a friend if you want to be my chubby buddy (I mean that with love) and we'll do this together. Hopefully we'll get through this life change with more laughter than tears, that's my goal. Can't wait to hear back from you guys. Ang...

Replies

• Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hello Angela and Welcome! I am rather new here myself (day 11!) and would love to have you as a chubby buddy!! Look for a friend request from me!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've only been here a few weeks myself! :)
  • Bardot1986
    Bardot1986 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi.. I just joined today too, so i'd love to be your chubby buddy... And if you have idea's on how to sneakily make your other half healthy too... My boyfriend does nothing but complain he's getting bigger, but wont eat veg, and loves pizza and coke!! Argh, he drives me insane! (I love him the way he is like... but if he's gonna complain he should back away from the mexican i think....) x
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Any of you are welcome to join with me and the friend group I'm w/ that help each other motivate and welcome to MFP.
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can add me also!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Welcome aboard an amazing site! Feel free to add me also :smile:
  • SonyaSnow
    SonyaSnow Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Just started on this site. Looks like a really good way to motivate myself...Would like to connect with others, always helps when we do, to encourage one another. I've lost almost 100lbs in the past and recently put back 20lbs on. I gotta stop it NOW and finish what I started a couple of years ago... for once I'd love to be below 200 lbs!!! Help me do this please.....
  • Jcrowe0317
    Jcrowe0317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too just started this. I am a runner who has always been 20 pounds over weight. I am 56 and am not working any longer due to the economy. I thought it time to kick up my running and loose that 20 pounds. This seems like a good way to do it... I would surely be your friend her. I did not start running until I was 47. I was walking on a trend mill and decided that I could run. I now run races for fun. My favorite race is on Mother's day with my son, who is 23 years old. It has become a tradition on Mother's day.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Hello! I started a few weeks ago myself. Feel free to add me also!!! In fact .. I'll add you :)
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Hi.. I just joined today too, so i'd love to be your chubby buddy... And if you have idea's on how to sneakily make your other half healthy too... My boyfriend does nothing but complain he's getting bigger, but wont eat veg, and loves pizza and coke!! Argh, he drives me insane! (I love him the way he is like... but if he's gonna complain he should back away from the mexican i think....) x

Ugh mine is the same way. He says his back hurts and he is always tired and he needs to lose weight but never takes the initiative. I just want him to be healthy so I am starting to just make healthy food for dinner instead of asking him if he wants that particular dinner.

Welcome to you! Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend, i am new too!
  • beautifulgirl
    beautifulgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I joined the site a few weeks ago, but I've only been taking it serious for almost a week now. Therefore, I look at myself as a newbie also. So far I'm down 3lbs and aiming for my goal of 142 more. I hope you are successful! Good luck!
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as well. I was on here awhile ago, lost some, but gained it all back and then some. I'm back again (Day 4) and am doing great! I'd love to have help with motivation!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a chubby buddy!! You can add me, only a few weeks in here myself..
  • Letting_Go
    Letting_Go Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, I'm on the same boat! One of my best friends was telling me about MFP and I finally created a profile today. I'd like to be able to make friends that understand what I'm going through and help push me along to actually see results. I've struggled with being over weight for way too long. I've made a mountain out of a mole hill and I wanna tear down that mountain! We all deserve to happy with who we are and the people God created us to be.