Quetion for weight lifters??

Options
Do you change your weight lifting routine or do you just up your weights and or reps?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a set program right now, I up my weights every week as I am able, per the program. I have done different programs. Once you have completed one (if it has a set time) or feel bored or stagnant with what you're doing, there's nothing wrong with changing things up.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i increase my weights. i'm using a compound program (LOVE only having to do 3 movements every morning) 5x5 Stronglifts.

but i'm lazy, changing my routine requires research, learning proper form and then teaching it to my gym buddy.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yes and no lol. I'm working on a particular circuit right now, so I am specifically focused on increasing reps, then weight. Other times I have done completely different WOD's and they varied each time. I think it depends on how much time you can/want to spend and what exactly your goals are.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    SL5x5 for me, also...I just increase the weight a little at a time and don't progress until I know my form is correct. The simplicity of the program is perfect. :)
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i change it up weekly. but basic stuff always stays the same.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

I was going to refer to this link, too, but I was too lazy to find it. It is a good article that answered my question about the same issue. Thanks for adding the link.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    Do you change your weight lifting routine or do you just up your weights and or reps?

I only change my program when my goals change ie bulk to cut etc. when it comes to upping your weights use the two by two rule. Just google 2x2 rule weightlifting.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i change my routine every 5-6wks and increase weight every 3wks or so.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I dont have a set list of exercises I HAVE to do but I have 3 days of training that I do with one day of rest in between:

day 1 chest / back / shoulders
    day 2 leg day
    day 3 arms (bis, tris) + abs
    rest
    repeat

for example leg day i have about 10 exercises i love, i vary them up between the two days. i dont think i would enjoy lifting if i did the same thing every timei went in. i do what my body feels and i always look to up my weight and hit fatigue on last rep
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Most of the best programs focus on core lifts, and then accessory/isolation work to address specific weaknesses related to them.