Need Help w/ Drinks

Options
ICarla
ICarla Posts: 200 Member
Hi Guys,

So I'm going on a 2nd date tonight and I'm totally excited. He asked me if I would have drinks with him. I told him yes. But, I don't want to mess up with a lot of calories. Any advice on where I can find TGI Friday's drink information, so that I can make my decision before we get there?

Thanks!!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Well, you could just stick with a couple glasses of wine, generally about 125 calories for 5 oz. Or go for a shot mixed with diet soda for about the same calories. Or stick to bottles of light beer. Friday's doesn't have drink nutrition, but glancing at their menu, they do seem to have one lower cal mixed drink option, the Skinny Blackberry Margarita. You might also try emailing them. I got nutritional info not published on the website from a chain place before by emailing and asking for it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Have a fun date!

http://www.tgifridays.com/

Good rules of thumb:
    Craft beer is 200kcal+ per pint.
    (Some of them are 600kcal per pint.)

80 proof Alcohol is 100kcal per ounce
    sour mix is candy.
    1 ounce of simple syrup is 50% sugar.

That in mind, bourbon, neat.
  • ICarla
    Options
    Well, you could just stick with a couple glasses of wine, generally about 125 calories for 5 oz. Or go for a shot mixed with diet soda for about the same calories. Friday's doesn't have drink nutrition, but glancing at their menu, they do seem to have one lower cal mixed drink option, the Skinny Blackberry Margarita. You might also try emailing them. I got nutritional info not published on the website from a chain place before by emailing and asking for it.

Thanks! I'm such a lush never even thought about a simple glass of wine. You're a genius!! :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    He's taking you out on a date to TGI Friday's??

Calories are the least of your concerns.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Seriously. Dude couldn't even splurge and take you to Applebee's?
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Grab some crystal light packs and add to vodka
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i say go have whatever you want! YOU WORK HARD and deserve it!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Mojito's
  • organic0gf
    organic0gf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    http://www.tgifridays.com/nutrition.pdf

This has everything on the menu including drinks at the second to last page. Edit: Oops, no alcoholic drinks listed.

OMG! Some of their entrees are loaded with salt like
    Jack Daniel’s Black Angus Rib-Eye & Grilled Shrimp Scampi 5800mg sodium!!!!

Be careful what you order or it will take all week to recover.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Grab some crystal light packs and add to vodka

im glad i read through before posting. this is what i do!! ^^^^ I also order unsweet tea (with splenda) and have the put vodka in it.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

This has everything on the menu including drinks at the last page.

That appears to only have non-alcoholic beverages. I'm assuming from "have drinks" and her response that we're talking about alcoholic beverages here.
  • suzieqsmart
    Options
    Order vodka & water and add some crystal light. Tasty and low cal. Gin is good like this too.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I like to drink chiltons. The bartender might not know what that is but it's vodka, club soda, lemons (2-3) and a little bit of sugar. It's like a voda lemonade- and club soda has 0 calories.
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Lol TGIF is a yummy place...that's a funny comment that person left you though. My friends always get flavored vodka, with soda water. No calories in the water of course but still bubbly and the flavored vodka gives it flavor..lol. Rum and diet coke is an easy one to order if you don't like soda water. White wine calorie wise, is better than red.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Everywhere has vodka, soda and lime. Even TGIF.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Vodka, club soda, and a lime wedge. Lowest calorie drink available. (other than vodka water which I just can't do)
  • organic0gf
    organic0gf Posts: 87 Member
    Options

This has everything on the menu including drinks at the last page.

That appears to only have non-alcoholic beverages. I'm assuming from "have drinks" and her response that we're talking about alcoholic beverages here.

Yep, i just edited my reply, then noticed yours.
  • ICarla
    Options

Seriously. Dude couldn't even splurge and take you to Applebee's?

LMAO!! We're both grad students, so after doing our presentations, we want to hit the closest spot to campus, which happens to be TGI Friday's...But I do like that place too.