Got a new target to hit! Very excited!!!

kwaters7
kwaters7 Posts: 129
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey I am very excited. I've found a new goal to chase!

I hit my target weight a little while ago and have still a couple of fitness goals to meet around 5 &10k times and extending the push up challenge to 150. That said, I didnt really want to lose much more weight, have a BMI of 22.5 which give or take a little, I'm happy with.

Not sure about other folk who are on or close to maintenance, but for me it doesn't seem as rewarding when you are conscientious all week so that the needle DOESN'T move - compare that with the 'Woop woop' moments when you lose weight. .. No comparison.

Anyway, I had my bodyfat measured at the Herbalife place and I came out at 16.1%. I think that's ok for someone my age but the beauty is I can now set a new target, train harder, hammer the gym, eat more and have a new goal to pursue.

Anyway, the thrill of the chase is on again and I'm over the moon that there's an end to the 'treading water' phase...

Would love to hear your thoughts or advice!

Replies

• SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Getting to your goal weight is just the beginning of the fun :laugh:

I'm the same as you, I am constantly pushing my myself harder and for longer. Few weeks ago I was running 5k a night, now it's 12k a night and each week the incline gets higher, the distance gets further or the speed gets faster. I am truly fascinated as to just how far my body can go and that is an ongoing adventure :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    That's great! And you're right, losing weight doesn't have to be the end all, be all. You can set goals to run your 2nd 5k faster than your 1st... or run it harder, regardless of time. You can push harder to sculpt certain muscles or get even lower in your body fat %. 16 is great, btw. Congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.