From 315 to 172 - Years in the Making

Options
2»

Replies

• heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I did the same contest, but of course I didn't win anything other than going from 195 to 175 pounds.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Amazing stuff. You've done so well! And you look hot!
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words.

It was hard at first. It took me 6 years but not 6 years of continuously losing weight. There's SO MUCH WRONG INFORMATION out there, and it's really hard to decipher what exactly is true and what is fake.

People often do not want to admit that losing weight = eating less, no matter how you put it. When someone asks me "OMG WHAT DID YOU DO???" and I reply "Eat less" they often go "Ok fine but WHAT ELSE?!?!?"

There is no magic. Unfortunately by all means I'd LOVE to be able to eat 2000+ calories a day and not gain weight by doing something else, but it all boils down to Calories In Vs. Calories Out.

Now that I've come to terms with the fact that there is no magic to losing weight, it all boils down to finding your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is the amount of calories you burn lying down inactive all day (tons of free calculators online) and just try eating less than that number.

A lot of mistakes people make is Cardio. They run on a machine that says YOU BURNED 500 CALORIES (which is a complete fake number and should never be taken into consideration) and people end up EATING those extra 500, which ends up being even more calories since you didn't lose anywhere near 500 in the first place.

It's easy for me now with this experience to be able to pin point all the bull**** flying around on the internet and the stupid ads on websites and the dumb emails written to lure you into a magic pill or supplement to help you lose weight....but it all boils down to:

1) Losing weight = eating less. You don't even need to go to the gym to become lean, it's just a bonus
    2) Food companies cannot make profit on selling EATING LESS, so they try all kinds of weird ways like EAT SIX MEALS A DAY which obviously ends up coming up to spending more money on food than you originally were.

...aaand now I'm rambling on...but it's very very easy once your mind is in control. Forget EVERYTHING you THOUGHT you knew about losing weight, and just,

1) count calories with mfp
    2) try to eat less than your BMR (mine was 1900, and I try eating between 1200-1500 daily)
    3) Think of calories as a WEEKLY BUDGET. If you mess up and eat 3000 calories today, just eat less for the next 3 days to balance it out
    4) Never add calories burned from Cardio to your nutrition budget - all gym activities should be a "cherry on the top" for extra calories out

Let's make a health conscious world together! yahoooooo

Great job! I read your blog and saw the pictures. You are amazing. I know how hard it is to be the fat kid in school. Granted, I'm not gay, so my situation was not as tough as yours was, but it was still hard.

I want to have a lean body like yours. It would be great to have a six pack and not have any love handles.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! You have made a major turn around.
    Congrats on your success and your winning spot in the artical
    as well. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!