boot camp class

Does anyone go to these at their gym? I know they vary between gyms and trainers etc. But does anyone have any suggestions o non how to log them?

Replies

• nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    I do one every Friday at my gym. I log it as circuit training, you should be able to pull it up in the database. You can also create your own workout as well :)
  • jeepwidow01
    jeepwidow01 Posts: 173
    I go to one twice a week; however, I wear a HRM and have entered in as one of my own workouts. Circuit training may be the best bet if you don't have a HRM.

Good luck!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    I go to a military style boot camp Monday and Wednesday. I use a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) to monitor the cals I burn during my workout. My wife goes to a Women's boot camp that is more like circuit training, she uses a HRM as well. You can make your own exercises to log your expenditure. If you don't have a HRM you can use Circuit training General on MFP but your calories burned wont be as accurate.
  • Dort68
    Dort68 Posts: 36 Member
    I made my own entry and call it Boot Camp. I have read that the average calorie burn in a good boot camp workout is 9.8 calories/minute, so I just call my 45 minute boot camp 450 calories. Some days I know I burn more, some days it might be less, but it all evens out.