Oops...I accidentally hit my goal weight :)

Options
sklarbodds
sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
LOL, so exactly 2 weeks ago I posted the my story under:

"I gave up on my goal"…a success story…no really (w/ pic)
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/959186--i-gave-up-on-my-goal-a-success-story-no-really-w-pic

I had stayed at about the same weight for roughly 6 months (within a 3 or 4 lb window).

At the time of the original post, I had just started taking 2 workout classes (1 circuit and 1 lifting) and since the weather is turning nice I would also go outside and run for 4-5 miles. I also started baseball season (which is always a bigger workout than I think it is because I'm SORE the next day).

Well, today I stepped on the scale and read a frightening result...160.0 lbs. WHAT?!?!? After I had just told all these nice people I gave up on my goal??? I'd post a new picture, but I don't look that much different from 163.2 :)

Oh well, doesn't change ANYTHING for me. Healthy is my new life.

Scale_zps5f666211.jpg

And, the before and after from my original post:

BeforeAndAfter_zpsd1440e8e.jpg

Replies

• kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job! :) you look fantastic!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    That's funny I accidentally started dieting in October and joined here in March. It was a lot easier on my mind when I was in accidental mode.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful surprise! And the new facial hair suits you.

Jan
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    Brilliant job! :) you look fantastic!
    Thank you! Honestly I feel fantastic! :)
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    That's funny I accidentally started dieting in October and joined here in March. It was a lot easier on my mind when I was in accidental mode.
    Ha! Really, it's more about the lifestyle change...the number will take care of itself.
  • pestopoli
    pestopoli Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    And the new facial hair suits you.

Jan

Agreed! You look terrific.
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    What a wonderful surprise! And the new facial hair suits you.

Jan
    Thanks!

Ironically it started out as a "No Shave November" dare from a friend and at the end of the 30 days I really liked it.

I grew it out a couple times before when I was heavier and I never liked the way it looked so I'd shave it off. Now that my face is thinner I really like it :)
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    LOL, so exactly 2 weeks ago I posted the my story under:

"I gave up on my goal"…a success story…no really (w/ pic)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/959186--i-gave-up-on-my-goal-a-success-story-no-really-w-pic

I had stayed at about the same weight for roughly 6 months (within a 3 or 4 lb window).

At the time of the original post, I had just started taking 2 workout classes (1 circuit and 1 lifting) and since the weather is turning nice I would also go outside and run for 4-5 miles. I also started baseball season (which is always a bigger workout than I think it is because I'm SORE the next day).

Well, today I stepped on the scale and read a frightening result...160.0 lbs. WHAT?!?!? After I had just told all these nice people I gave up on my goal??? I'd post a new picture, but I don't look that much different from 163.2 :)

Oh well, doesn't change ANYTHING for me. Healthy is my new life.

Scale_zps5f666211.jpg

And, the before and after from my original post:

BeforeAndAfter_zpsd1440e8e.jpg

What a great accident.!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Awesomeness! :smile:
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

You look much younger in that after pic - great job. :)
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Lol......I'd take it :)
    Great work
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    You look great. You weigh less than me. I'm jealous. I love the sweater too.
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Love life's surprises! Way to go!
  • jacknblack
    Options
    Way to go!!! But honestly I'm only commenting to compliment your sweet Strong Bad pic :3
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! A great inspiration to keep trying to reach your goal and a gentle reminder to relax a little and enjoy the new life your making :happy:
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options

lol, I did almost the same thing. I didn't have a huge desire to start doing right, but I knew I had to do something, so that's when I looked for an app that I could use to log everything "just to see what would happen". Well, low and behold, I've lost 27 pounds so far and I'm addicted to the app on my phone, tablet, and online. It's worked wonders for me and I love the community part.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    LOVE the title of this post--your progress is amazing and inspirational, you ROCK sir!
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The difference isamazing - you look SO well and healthy. Well done :flowerforyou:
    Nicola
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That's one accident I certainly wouldn't mind happening..lol. Btw..you look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!